Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-12-2009, 04:53 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDPARKASH
I realize this is a sarcastic statement, but one thing fans should not forgot. Whether GSP knew what his corner had intentionally or unintentionally done, his dominance can not be denied. I don't think any of GSP's fights would have been different if vaselien was not allowed in the ring. There is no proof about HGH and he already tested clean for steriods.

I am a GSP fan, and am on the fence about how much he knew or his corner knew, until a full investigation by the NSAC is complete. But, nobody at all should deny that he may go down as one of the dominant fighters the UFC has ever seen.
"I don't think any of GSP's fights would have been different if vaselien was not allowed in the ring."

The key word there is think. We will never know though, will we? It makes it all the sadder that he probaly would have won anyway. So, the cheating was for naught but doubts and scandals.

How much his corner knew? They were only verbally warned the first time. The second time the redcoats came in to the ring and kicked the vaseline jar. Well, okay, maybe they didn't get it.