Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > The Ultimate Fighter

Old 12-03-2009, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straight Right View Post
Have to say that I was glad to see McSweeny get pounded by Roy. For being a supposedly superior striker, he didn't show much of it, he even tasted Meathead Mitrione's power and didn't want any of it. He was an arrogant prick and a bully, he can go back home to England.

I was a little surprised by Marcus not being able to finish when he had the full mount, but Schaub showed good hips and is a pretty big dude himself. It was true that Marcus was never really hit before that fight, its easier to be dominant when you aren't taking any damage, I was curious about how his chin was. Felt a little bad for him but once again, you need to be well-rounded to get to the top. I'll probably be rooting for Schaub in the finals, but hey Roy is there for a reason, despite his looks he has skills and is effective.

As for Kimbo for all his talk about wanting to get back in there, I was a little surprised he didn't want to step up, but if he knew he wasn't healthy enough to do his best, it probably was a smart move to just wait until Fight Night to showcase his wares. I am kind of anxious to see him bang with Houston, is Kimbo going to cut to 205 or is Houston just not going to cut and go heavyweight?
I definitely think all these guys could do with more training in proper boxing/striking technique. Quite a few of them I noticed (McSweeney and even Roy) remain flat-footed (not moving) and basically just stick their arm out or swing wide and miss a lot. Plus, I can't believe how many of them don't hold their hands UP.

I was surprised to see who Kimbo would be fighting. Anything can happen of course, but I'm going with Alexander. I'm definitely rooting for Marcus over Mitrion. I don't care for Mitrion. Rashad was right, he had his hand already in the air to tap as soon as (was it McSweeney) had him in the headlock. He was too ready to quit. Whereas, in Roy's fight with McSweeney, when McSweeney had him in the choke, Roy fought out of it. Say what you will about Roy, but I don't see him as a quitter.

Last edited by Bonnie; 12-03-2009 at 03:48 PM.
Old 12-03-2009, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
Marcus truly IS a "Big Baby" - I really dislike how much of a whiner he is. He contradicts himself "This is why I'm here, this is what I am etc." Then loses and cries "This may be my last fight I need to move on to other things". What a sore loser. I hope Meathead knocks him out.
I didn't see it like that at all. It sounds like he was using this show/experience and how well he did or not to decide whether to move forward with it. I do agree he needs to commit and stick with it. I was glad to see he would be fighting again.
Old 12-03-2009, 09:22 PM
hughesfan4life

sucks living in the uk!.iwon't see this till saturday!
Old 12-03-2009, 11:06 PM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
I didn't see it like that at all. It sounds like he was using this show/experience and how well he did or not to decide whether to move forward with it. I do agree he needs to commit and stick with it.
Well, he was a bit of a cry baby tho. Besides, he lost once, in an almost even fight where he performed quite well. His 2 other fights were decisive wins yet he still cries like a, well, Big Baby?

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 12-04-2009, 10:37 AM
wavetar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
Well, he was a bit of a cry baby tho. Besides, he lost once, in an almost even fight where he performed quite well. His 2 other fights were decisive wins yet he still cries like a, well, Big Baby?
Meh, he's just an emotional guy. Someone like that has to think things through a lot before a real decision is made. Is there such a thing as too nice of a guy for MMA? lol.
Old 12-04-2009, 11:13 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
I was pretty impressed when Brendan managed to get out from Marcus. I don't know, you could see how strong James was when Roy was trying to get in position for the crucifix and he did get it so I'm not counting him out. I'm giving Brendan an edge in the stand-up, but if Roy does get him on the ground he has a chance.

I hope it's a good fight and both of them bring their best and I'll be happy for whoever wins.
The only thing is that James should be fighting in 205 and probably would after the show, he's a lot smaller guy than Roy and Schaub. Schaub is a true heavyweight and competitor having played a few years in the NFL. Schaub is 4-0 with 4 KO's, granted never facing a guy like Roy, but he's also KOed everybody put in front of him in TUF as well.

Schaub by KO.
Old 12-04-2009, 01:42 PM
County Mike

I don't blame Marcus for his "may be my last fight" comment. I know a lot of fighters think stuff like that after a loss. They just don't all have a microphone in their face right after a loss.

Also hope to see McSweeney get pounded again. Total D-bag the way he picked on the other guy, then when dude finally sticks up for himself, he tries to punk him down again. Just an arrogant bully that doesn't have the skills to compete at the top end of the UFC.
Old 12-04-2009, 06:15 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
Also hope to see McSweeney get pounded again. Total D-bag the way he picked on the other guy, then when dude finally sticks up for himself, he tries to punk him down again. Just an arrogant bully that doesn't have the skills to compete at the top end of the UFC.
I agree 100%! My buddy Scottie & I have hated James since day 1. Always hovering around Rashad like he's in charge, trying to run other fighters around because he's the coach's "chum", like that gives him a right to make demands, sticking his nose in where it doesn't belong, stirring up $h!t whenever he feels like it, he's just an all around jack@$$.

Ironically enough, I told Scottie Wednesday night, as soon as James lost to Roy, "I don't care who McSweeney faces, I will always root against him. Titties could get match up with him & I'd still root against him."

Well, WAR TITTIES!!!!!