Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 11-29-2009, 04:36 PM
Chris F

[QUOTE=Buzzard;83745]I'm ok with your opinion, but I disagree with that. Yes I have read the bible. It's been a while since I have read it and I will acknowledge that I haven't thoroughly studied it. I have also read tales of mythology (which is the literary category I would place the Bible in) but haven't studied those either since my high-school days. I don't mean to sound rude and I realize that my beliefs are unpopular with the members of this forum, but I don't consider the Bible to be be anything other than a work of fiction with some historical accounts mixed in as well. I'm not saying it isn't an important book with literary value, but I consider it to be a book written by mankind and not the inspired word of God. Having read it showed me that there are many things wrong with it.

Before I realized I was agnostic, I saw many things that didn't seem quite right with it. After I realized that the Bible wasn't an infallible document, I looked at it differently. There are many great words of wisdom in there and many great lessons to be learned, so I think that it is a very important book. I just don't believe it to be the word of God.

Yes I could and I am, though since others have already done the legwork on this, I am sure that you are quite able to use google and keywords to find the information yourself. I'm not out to win a prize or get a grade for this so it is of little importance to me; and frankly I don't feel like spending the few minutes of time to do it so I can read your insulting comments in regard to the links I would provide. If you wish to provide information to counter my beliefs, feel free to post it and I will gladly take a look at it. So far I haven't read anything that has been able to change my mind or beliefs, but I'm still open to that possibility.
QUOTE]

Buzzard They have done the leg work and it was wrong. They simple cite different POV's not an inconsistency. If you and I see the same wreck we will not tell the cops they same thing. Your arguments are weak as they are illogical. I would be happy to counter any argument you have but you have not posted one yet.
Old 11-29-2009, 04:42 PM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Careful Chris. The Bible points out a Creational Event, there are ways to unify the two without jepodizing either...got a lot to do with what people assume about Genesis...but that Genesis never actually says

Also...In your opinion....is the Bible an "inanimate object"
Dave I believe the Bible is the living Word of God not an object.

I know there are a lot of opinions on the genisis account but what is not open for interpretation is that man was created by God. He was not created a primordial ooze then some how evolve into a complex being. Evolution is a farce.
Old 11-29-2009, 05:02 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
Dave I believe the Bible is the living Word of God not an object.

I know there are a lot of opinions on the genisis account but what is not open for interpretation is that man was created by God. He was not created a primordial ooze then some how evolve into a complex being. Evolution is a farce.
thats not really spoken about in Genesis All we know really is the GOD made the World, and that Humans are the completion so to speak.

It depends how heavy you want to get, there are many, many interpretations that can blend adequetly science and creationalism, mine is wayyyy on the cusp of unification. Although I kinda developed it through what someone on here once said in one of these debates and I ran with it

I dont believe the Bible is just an inanimate object either.
Old 11-30-2009, 02:59 AM
Chris F

Quote:
thats not really spoken about in Genesis All we know really is the GOD made the World, and that Humans are the completion so to speak.

It depends how heavy you want to get, there are many, many interpretations that can blend adequetly science and creationalism, mine is wayyyy on the cusp of unification. Although I kinda developed it through what someone on here once said in one of these debates and I ran with it

I dont believe the Bible is just an inanimate object either.
The debates on creation are fun to study, but I believe in a literal 6 day creation where God created everything fully mature and this is why they have the appearance of age and this is also why I accept the young earth belief. Since it is so open for interpretation I will nto break fellowship with someone just because they differ as long as they believe God did the create and man did not evolve over time form a different specie.
Old 11-30-2009, 10:56 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
The debates on creation are fun to study, but I believe in a literal 6 day creation where God created everything fully mature and this is why they have the appearance of age and this is also why I accept the young earth belief. Since it is so open for interpretation I will nto break fellowship with someone just because they differ as long as they believe God did the create and man did not evolve over time form a different specie.
The point is GOD neither confirms nor denies Evolution...in fact, I do not believe he is even speaking about Creation in terms of a long and drawn out event. He appears to be talking about a significant singular event

For me, its like saying, well Christ died on a cross in a very specific year, but there were those Jews who got to heaven before Christ had died...how is that possible. Very simply, Christs ressurectional power goest backwards as well as forwards from the event.

How do you know this isnt the same with Creation, a singular event 4004BC that goes BACKWARDS as well as forwards?

Personally, I believe that Macro Evoultion didnt effect Humans...I believe that Humans were pretty much completely created, probably not unlike a bacteria. I admit they have undergone changes (you know Neanderthals, and dispite what they say there are a few of them left) are simply a different type of Human, not necc a proof of Macro Evoultion. I shall wait for this "missing link" to proove that...though in reality it wouldnt change my theology at all.

How GOD actually creates is not a concern to me. The fact he alone did, Is
Old 12-01-2009, 05:18 AM
Buzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
Before you use ur google just tell me some things that you think are inaccuracies and inconsistencies. I want to know what you think.
To be honest with you Mark, I couldn't tell you any them without some sort of aid as I haven't read it in awhile. Shoot, I probably couldn't even tell you any characters names from the last book I read, nor the one I am reading now.

Quote:
so....the book of Proverbs by your taxonomy is a work of Mythology??
If you would have read the following which I said in my post
Quote:
There are many great words of wisdom in there and many great lessons to be learned, so I think that it is a very important book.
you would have your answer.

Quote:
Tell me...is a Dictionary a work of Mythology??
If the dictionary contained stories as other mythological works did, yes. Since it doesn't, no. Really, what kind of a question was that?

Quote:
Lets not go into how the Bible is a compilation of works...not actually a book, but a library of books, which covers everything from poetry, to law.
I wasn't and didn't.

Quote:
btw...you dont know much about the Bible if you include Macabees as part of it
I was only responding to your post which inferred that it was in the Bible. I wouldn't have been able to say much about it anyway. It was only after googling it that I recalled what it was. You must not know much about it if you can't spell it correctly.

Also, I've never stated that I knew much about the Bible anyway, only that I have read it and that that was a long time ago. I am certainly not a scholar on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
Offer you the same? This isn't just about where we happen to be, Buzzard?

Do you honestly believe that there is even a remote possibility that you would find one of us on an athiest based forum asking for tolerance?
I was under the impression that this was a mixed martial arts website which included a forum section with many categories, and only one of them pertaining to Christianity. Do you find it odd that one should ask for civility in a forum? Seriously? I see that certain members of this forum are given a free pass at things like inferring that I am a pedo, but I'm the one questioned for my conduct?

I found this forum when searching out things related to MMA and the UFC which included a fighter whom I liked, that being Matt Hughes.

I have for the most part stayed out of your Christianity section and only posted in there when it was ok'd. Since this topic is in the woodshed section, I thought I was able to freely express my opinions. It that against the rules now?

Vizion and ChrisF, I will respond to your posts in a day or two when I have more time. Thanks for taking the time to respond to mine.
Old 10-31-2013, 07:21 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Wonder what ever happened to Buzzard?
Old 10-31-2013, 08:47 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
Wonder what ever happened to Buzzard?
He turned into Pumba.

Dont you remember Pumba...and Pumba eventually got bored and went away