Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 11-29-2009, 02:10 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post
Yes I could and I am, though since others have already done the legwork on this, I am sure that you are quite able to use google and keywords to find the information yourself.
Before you use ur google just tell me some things that you think are inaccuracies and inconsistencies. I want to know what you think.
Old 11-29-2009, 02:18 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
See the bold text above.
so....the book of Proverbs by your taxonomy is a work of Mythology??

Tell me...is a Dictionary a work of Mythology??

Lets not go into how the Bible is a compilation of works...not actually a book, but a library of books, which covers everything from poetry, to law.

btw...you dont know much about the Bible if you include Macabees as part of it
Old 11-29-2009, 02:28 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
I wish you well in your walk and am by no means trying to belittle your beliefs. I hope you will offer me the same in return.
Offer you the same? This isn't just about where we happen to be, Buzzard?

Do you honestly believe that there is even a remote possibility that you would find one of us on an athiest based forum asking for tolerance?

Seriously?
Old 11-29-2009, 03:22 PM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
I'm ok with your opinion, but I disagree with that. Yes I have read the bible. It's been a while since I have read it and I will acknowledge that I haven't thoroughly studied it. I have also read tales of mythology (which is the literary category I would place the Bible in) but haven't studied those either since my high-school days. I don't mean to sound rude and I realize that my beliefs are unpopular with the members of this forum, but I don't consider the Bible to be be anything other than a work of fiction with some historical accounts mixed in as well. I'm not saying it isn't an important book with literary value, but I consider it to be a book written by mankind and not the inspired word of God. Having read it showed me that there are many things wrong with it.
Did you read the parable of the seeds? What did you think of that?

Quote:
Before I realized I was agnostic, I saw many things that didn't seem quite right with it. After I realized that the Bible wasn't an infallible document, I looked at it differently. There are many great words of wisdom in there and many great lessons to be learned, so I think that it is a very important book. I just don't believe it to be the word of God.
What specific passages are you referring to?

Quote:
Yes I could and I am, though since others have already done the legwork on this, I am sure that you are quite able to use google and keywords to find the information yourself. I'm not out to win a prize or get a grade for this so it is of little importance to me; and frankly I don't feel like spending the few minutes of time to do it so I can read your insulting comments in regard to the links I would provide. If you wish to provide information to counter my beliefs, feel free to post it and I will gladly take a look at it. So far I haven't read anything that has been able to change my mind or beliefs, but I'm still open to that possibility.
I don't think we can change your mind Buzzard, but God will stir in your heart if that is even in His will ....and you coming here...mayhaps it just is.

Quote:
I'm always open to new ideas, and if there is evidence to counter my beliefs then I will surely give it a fair chance. I can't say I believe in something when I actually don't. That would be lying to myself. That is why I am agnostic in my beliefs. There are so many differing viewpoints and beliefs about Christianity, and those who call themselves Christians can't even agree on a shared belief. It boggles my mind. How does one know if they have the correct beliefs?
Buzz, there are many professed "Christians" who are destined to burn in hell, you are seeing the consequences of man's pride and arrogance in some of those differing viewpoints. The Bible is a huge book, written in a different language, there is bound to be some misinterpretations etc. What MATTERS is the message of the Gospel and whether you believe in THAT, and whether you believe ON the Lord Jesus Christ

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 11-29-2009, 03:42 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
Did you read the parable of the seeds? What did you think of that?

What specific passages are you referring to?

I don't think we can change your mind Buzzard, but God will stir in your heart if that is even in His will ....and you coming here...mayhaps it just is.

Buzz, there are many professed "Christians" who are destined to burn in hell, you are seeing the consequences of man's pride and arrogance in some of those differing viewpoints. The Bible is a huge book, written in a different language, there is bound to be some misinterpretations etc. What MATTERS is the message of the Gospel and whether you believe in THAT, and whether you believe ON the Lord Jesus Christ

I like you
Old 11-29-2009, 05:23 PM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscomc View Post
ummm....I know its not human specie change, i said in the post that it was between lizards and chickens/other avians. Secondly, there is only only one human specie, that is sapiens...so i dont know what you are commenting on.

You told me you studied zoology....

This particular study is taking normal chickens and promoting DNA regions normally repressed...and it turned out those repressed genes carried lizard like qualities. Hence, suggesting some kind of lizard to chicken evolution....HENCE a type of macro evolution....so it opens the door for human macro evolution and is it possible. I still dont agree with it, but i was hoping to get the oppinon of someone who studied at a bible college and had had zoology knowledge...instead i barely got a sentence reply....

Thanks, and never mind. have a good night.
See this is what happens when you answer a question for someone else. At least you could have stayed on topic.
Old 11-29-2009, 05:25 PM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by que View Post
do i believe that humans have evolved from some other species, yes. i believe all creatures have evolved from something else at some point in history

do i believe in God, YES

just because i believe in God does not mean i can't believe in evolution BTW.
Actually in the eyes of God it would. The bible tells us how we were made. You can serve two masters. So you plan to have eternal life you need to dump the science fiction and embrace HIs infallible Word.
Old 11-29-2009, 05:29 PM
Chris F

Quote:
Since an inanimate object can't lie, no. Could the people who wrote the Bible have been mistaken in what they believed and wrote about, yes. After all, there are many inaccuracies and inconsistencies in the Bible.
Bible was wrote down by men but dictated by God. SO they were not mistaken (the autographs that is) Has men though out time screwed it up with their opinions? Yes at times but the story has never been changed it is a story of redemption in Jesus Christ. As for our origins that section has not varied our oldest scripts read just as clean as the modern. Not even Homers Iliad is that clean through out time.
Old 11-29-2009, 05:32 PM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
I'm assuming you can provide us with a comprehensive list of exactly what those inaccuracies and inconsistencies are? You can't make a claim like that without providing some evidence.
Yeah they usually post some difference in stories but fail to see the context that it was from a different writers POV. Not an inconsistency but a different POV. Not a single Agnostic or Atheist has ever proved anything in this debate.
Old 11-29-2009, 05:35 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
Actually in the eyes of God it would. The bible tells us how we were made. You can serve two masters. So you plan to have eternal life you need to dump the science fiction and embrace HIs infallible Word.
Careful Chris. The Bible points out a Creational Event, there are ways to unify the two without jepodizing either...got a lot to do with what people assume about Genesis...but that Genesis never actually says

Also...In your opinion....is the Bible an "inanimate object"