Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 11-28-2009, 01:38 AM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by shon8121 View Post
Sir. There's no need to try and understand "scripture". The word used is "circle", not "sphere" like you claimed. You either intentionally lied or exaggerated. Admit to your mistakes like a rational human being.

Hahahaha. And you simply claiming these peer reviewed studies aren't good enough doesn't make it so. You yourself claimed that you are not very Scientifically inclined or knowledgable. If that is the case, who are you to interpret Science related matters and information? Its the equivalent of me trying to understand Scripture as a non-believer, right? Haha.

Mscomc is correct on the subject of Chickens having evolved from smaller Dinosaurs. In their DNA are the blueprints for such things as "reptillian" teeth, which has been well observed and documented to occur when "inhibitors" governing what is commonly referred to as Junk DNA, ceases functioning properly allowing an older trait from a distant ancestor to be expressed.

A similar thing occurs (and has been well documented also and previously linked to in this very thread) in Humans allowing fully functional tails complete with bone, muscle and voluntary movement to be expressed.

The Theory of Relativity is not in the Bible... but that doesn't stop Relativity from being true, nor does it infringe on the Bible's teachings. It's the same thing with Evolution. If your god exists, he clearly used Evolution to "create" the variation of life on this Planet. To deny Evolution because you accept a 100% literal interpretation of the Bible means you must also believe that the world is flat and rests upon 4 pillars. If thats what you choose to believe in, I won't stop you, but you shouldn't act like you know Science or Science related topics when you don't.
They are not peer reviewed you obviously do not know what that means. If you turned in work like thin in one of my history classes I taught you'd fail that assignment. The article that site listed were from popular journals and independent research. So try again and provide the sources or admit your mistake like a rationale person.

And book chapter and verse that says the world is flat and set upon pillars.
Old 11-28-2009, 01:41 AM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by shon8121 View Post
Sir. There's no need to try and understand "scripture". The word used is "circle", not "sphere" like you claimed. You either intentionally lied or exaggerated. Admit to your mistakes like a rational human being.
Also As I said and everyone else did as well it is not English so get a clue.
Old 11-28-2009, 03:11 AM
mscomc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
This is mutation not evidence of human specie change.
ummm....I know its not human specie change, i said in the post that it was between lizards and chickens/other avians. Secondly, there is only only one human specie, that is sapiens...so i dont know what you are commenting on.

You told me you studied zoology....

This particular study is taking normal chickens and promoting DNA regions normally repressed...and it turned out those repressed genes carried lizard like qualities. Hence, suggesting some kind of lizard to chicken evolution....HENCE a type of macro evolution....so it opens the door for human macro evolution and is it possible. I still dont agree with it, but i was hoping to get the oppinon of someone who studied at a bible college and had had zoology knowledge...instead i barely got a sentence reply....

Thanks, and never mind. have a good night.
Old 11-28-2009, 03:48 AM
que

do i believe that humans have evolved from some other species, yes. i believe all creatures have evolved from something else at some point in history

do i believe in God, YES

just because i believe in God does not mean i can't believe in evolution BTW.
Old 11-28-2009, 04:39 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by que View Post
do i believe that humans have evolved from some other species, yes. i believe all creatures have evolved from something else at some point in history

do i believe in God, YES

So you just think the bible lies?
Old 11-28-2009, 09:17 AM
Buzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
So you just think the bible lies?
Since an inanimate object can't lie, no. Could the people who wrote the Bible have been mistaken in what they believed and wrote about, yes. After all, there are many inaccuracies and inconsistencies in the Bible.
Old 11-28-2009, 11:30 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post
Since an inanimate object can't lie, no. Could the people who wrote the Bible have been mistaken in what they believed and wrote about, yes. After all, there are many inaccuracies and inconsistencies in the Bible.
No the AUTHOR (singular) cant possibly have been "mistaken" about Creation...since he is the Creator.

That doesnt mean that Evolution doesnt exist as a principle in backdated time of course (time before the creational chronological event)
Old 11-28-2009, 12:34 PM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

Which came first the Chicken or the Egg? Well it's real simple! God created the Chicken then sometime in it's life the Chicken laid an egg! So you see its simple really As for the Circle thing somebody really has to be nit picking and grasping at straws to use that as evidence of the Bible supposedly not being accurate!
Old 11-29-2009, 02:31 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post
My opinion you are wrong. Have you evan read the Bible?
Old 11-29-2009, 02:33 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by que View Post

do i believe in God, YES

You believe in God but you dont believe the Bible?