Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

View Poll Results: Who are you pulling for?
Diego "Nightmare" Sanchez 11 26.19%
BJ "The Prodigy" Penn 31 73.81%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-26-2009, 08:25 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
not exactly....

155/145/210.. whatever... BJ is still working with his natural talent, not conditioning... IMO.... BJ is mentally weak and arrogant... and over confident Arrogance isn't always a bad thing.. but when you combine it with the other two.. that spells an "L"
BJ isn't physically fit like he needs to be when he fights above 155,
it isn't really something you can argue.

I don't see how BJ has shown to be mentally weak at all,
his mental state has never cost him a fight.
His losses at 170 were caused from eating poorly and trying to gain as much weight as possible to compete at that weight class. Even last time Matt beat him BJ was winning the fight. Its the conditioning that costs him at higher weights, not his mental game.
Old 11-26-2009, 08:27 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Sherk should not have tried to box with Penn...that was his mistake....Are you sure he took Stevenson far into the bout...? and as for Florian...you know I watched Penn do something i've never seen him do before in that match...during the first few rounds he was actively pacing himself, and holding back...and in the later rounds he switched to the ground, not because he gassed, but because he got bored of playing around with Florian...now...Florian was unable to really push him...I'd like to see him pace AND be pushed in the first three rounds to see if he then is forced to change to the ground due to gassing...or if it remains still a matter of choice.

if its choice...then one cant say that he hasnt been actively trying on cardio. if he still gasses, one says that he will only gas IF his opponent is able to push him beyond his pace...again, that in itself we havent seen much in 155lbs...and certainly not recently...though we've seen it ALOT at welterweight...thats just a sign of age catching up with Penn.
Sherk was kind of stuck though,
his wrestling isn't enough to deal with BJ's ground game.
Somebody like Matt Hughes for instance who has a lot more to offer on the ground than just solid wrestling is ok with BJ on the ground, but Sherk's BJJ skills aren't where they need to be to grapple BJ. He had to strike.
Old 11-26-2009, 10:10 PM

where's the option on the poll "watch F34R cry"?
I can't stand when two of my fav fighters are in the cage like this...
FFS!
Old 11-27-2009, 05:40 AM
Via Con Dios

Im rootin for Diego "the Dirty" Sanchez.

i was very happy when he ended guida's streak of cave man rape fights. why isnt that guy sponsored by geico?

it would make me equally happy if he took care of BJ.

Sanchez' fights are usually quite entertaining.
Old 11-27-2009, 06:02 PM
jignpig

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
BJ is too good ... plus, i can't stand diego ..

YES!
NOR CAN I! He is rude,full of himself and a BIG jack a$$! he can fight, but he has nooo class. i rank him up there with the diaz brothers. classless! (is classless a word....it is now!)
Old 11-27-2009, 06:11 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jignpig View Post
NOR CAN I! He is rude,full of himself and a BIG jack a$$! he can fight, but he has nooo class. i rank him up there with the diaz brothers. classless! (is classless a word....it is now!)
but isnt BJ Exactly the same