Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

View Poll Results: Pac/Cotto, how will the fight end?
Pac by KO 3 37.50%
Cotto by KO 0 0%
Pac by TKO 2 25.00%
Cotto by TKO 0 0%
Pac by decision 2 25.00%
Cotto by decision 0 0%
Draw 1 12.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-18-2009, 10:12 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Atom, lets look at your first post in this thread.

In response to a completely unrelated topic about the politics of Boxing, this is what you had to say...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomdanger
remember that next time you think about bad mouthing an mma fighter for ducking.
to which I responded...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB
What?

What MMA fighter did I bad mouth for ducking?

Seriously, there are 5 other areas on this forum devoted to MMA. Let's leave the MMA talk there since this is not a debate about the two sports.
You ignored that response and proceeded to call Mayweather a bunch of names and praise Pacquiao like a God, all the while ignoring the actual stats and deeper points that I presented to you about the sport of Boxing, something you are clearly uneducated about.

Rather than just drop it, you continued to talk s**t and say you don't even like Boxing and that YOUR sport is killing Boxing. You then proceed down the same path of redundancy and continued to ignore major counter points while just repeating the same drivel over and over like a broken record.

Every point you have made has been countered and the only thing you can think to do is try and repeat your same points over and over, which is basically the online equivalent of 3 year old sticking his fingers in his ears and saying LALALALALALALALALA. You are incapable of formulating an ACTUAL response to any of my posts in there entirety without using only one or two lines out of conxtext, or diverting from the subject completely. Rather than try to actually rebut the counter points with well thought out, and logical responses, you just talk s**t and call me "Mayweather's girlfriend". Which is fine, if you wanna talk smack, I can do that right back, but it still won't change the fact that you have been intellectually pwned over and over again in this thread.

I have no problem discussing the topic, but that's not what this thread was about and it was clear that your whole intention was just to insert your opinions against Boxing. Sure, it's a public forum, and you can post whatever you want unless the mods say otherwise, but it's still lame of you (somebody who has been around the forum for a long time), to come in the current boxing thread just to talk crap about the sport and derail the thread. Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think this is the first time we have had this same discussion. There is a not a lot of Boxing people on this forum anyway, it's usually just me and Rock going back and forth with a few random comments thrown in. So if your not simply trolling for an argument, then why do you constantly ignore the in-depth points and revert back to name calling?

Last edited by J.B.; 11-18-2009 at 10:44 PM.
Old 11-18-2009, 11:06 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

To get this thread back on track, here are some pics from the fight

Old 11-20-2009, 03:07 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

This is pretty wild news. Lots of places have yet to report including Comcast Cable, which provides tv service to more than 25 million homes, and California, which has the highest population of Filipinos in the U.S. (which is in the range of 750,000 to 1 million). I'd say it's likely to reach 1.75 to 2 million viewers, but the numbers are still planning to be released tomorrow.

The last paragraph is pretty interesting, considering some people think boxing is dying. This is just more proof that boxing is making a comeback after a drop in ratings in the past decade. The glamor is coming back!

http://boxing.fanhouse.com/2009/11/1...w-1-5-million/

Quote:
Pacquiao-Cotto Nears 1.5 Million Buys

Posted Nov 19, 2009 6:09PM By Lem Satterfield

Top Rank promoter Bob Arum said that the early pay-per-view numbers released on Manny Pacquiao's victory over Miguel Cotto are "over a million and under 1.5 million buys -- and that's without all of the precincts being reported."

"They're not really accurate yet, but all that we can say with absolute certainty is that Pacquiao-Cotto was the biggest, revenue-producing event on pay-per-view for the entire year," said Arum. "And that surpasses all of the UFC. Everything. Any event. It's the biggest event of the year from the standpoint of revenue being generated."

Arum, who promotes Pacquiao (50-3-2, 37 knockouts), said that he met with officials at HBO on Thursday concerning the numbers.

Arum said that he expects Mark Taffet, HBO's senior vice president of pay-per-view, to release a statement on Friday when all of the numbers are totaled up.

"That's without Washington, D.C., being reported, Baltimore, California -- a lot of Comcast Systems," said Arum. "But based on what we have, we can make that statement -- that Pacquiao-Cotto was the biggest revenue-generating pay-per-view event of the year."

Arum had hoped to begin negotiating with Richard Shaefer of Golden Boy Promotions concerning a potential Pacquiao-Floyd Mayweather (40-0, 25 KOs) matchup when the numbers were released, but would not elaborate on whether or not that had taken place.

However, according to sources with knowledge of their intentions, Arum and Shaefer could meet as early as next week to begin working on a deal to make Mayweather-Pacquiao.

During an Oct. 6 interview with FanHouse, Taffet said September's Mayweather-Juan Manuel Marquez bout produced more than a million pay-per-view buys -- only the fifth non-heavyweight fight to reach seven figures.

So with Pacquiao-Cotto and Mayweather-Marquez, boxing history was made, for their pay-per-view numbers marked the first time since 1999 that two fights generated more than a million pay-per-view buys in the same year, joining Felix Trinidad-Oscar De La Hoya and Lennox Lewis-Evander Holyfield.