Old 11-17-2009, 02:36 AM
kevint13

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
If that's true, I called it.
I know....I was going to give you credit
Old 11-17-2009, 03:16 AM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Chuck Norris' tears could cure Brock.. too bad Chuck doesn't cry..
Old 11-17-2009, 04:49 AM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
If that's true, I called it.
Called it????? You can't even pronounce it!!!!
Old 11-17-2009, 04:56 AM
Primadawn

My dad had diverticulitis--he nearly died twice when his colon ruptured...but he had his entire large bowel removed and he's good as new...with a cool scar and no belly button--my kids think that's hilarious.
Old 11-17-2009, 05:36 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

It is widely noted that Kurt Cobain suffered from diverticulitis, and it is said it was one of the reasons he got into using Heroin. According to him, it helped ease the pain. A lot of good that did.
Old 11-17-2009, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
It is widely noted that Kurt Cobain suffered from diverticulitis, and it is said it was one of the reasons he got into using Heroin. According to him, it helped ease the pain. A lot of good that did.
I think you are thinking of scoliosis, not diverticulitis.
Old 11-17-2009, 06:03 AM

Unless his diverticulitis is complicated by an abscess or a fistula, he should improve with antibiotics and bowel rest. He could be back training soon in that case. However, if he has a complicated course and requires surgery, he will have a colostomy bag attached to his abdomen to collect draining stool. If that were the case, he couldn't fight. If he gets a colostomy, it could get reversed down the road, but would put him out of action for many months to years.

I don't know why he would go to Mayo Clinic. We all know that the best medical care is socialized medical care. He should hop the next plane to Canada, Cuba or Great Britain.
Old 11-17-2009, 05:40 PM
Primadawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play The Man View Post
Unless his diverticulitis is complicated by an abscess or a fistula, he should improve with antibiotics and bowel rest. He could be back training soon in that case. However, if he has a complicated course and requires surgery, he will have a colostomy bag attached to his abdomen to collect draining stool. If that were the case, he couldn't fight. If he gets a colostomy, it could get reversed down the road, but would put him out of action for many months to years.

I don't know why he would go to Mayo Clinic. We all know that the best medical care is socialized medical care. He should hop the next plane to Canada, Cuba or Great Britain.
With my father's first surgery, they removed a section of his colon, and he had a colostomy for about 6 weeks while it healed. Now he had his whole large intestine removed and doesn't have a colostomy...it has made things "different" for him (TMI, so I won't go into detail) but no colostomy, so he was happy about that.
Old 11-18-2009, 08:09 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play The Man View Post
I think you are thinking of scoliosis, not diverticulitis.
No, I am talking about diverticulitis. He was never officially diagnosed but a lot of people around him have stated after the fact that they believed it was diverticulitis. He did have scoliosis as a kid but they could never pinpoint that as the cause of his chronic stomach pain.
Old 11-18-2009, 08:47 PM
ufcfan2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
Chuck Norris' tears could cure Brock.. too bad Chuck doesn't cry..