Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 10-28-2009, 11:00 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post
TheConcretekid, thanks for putting up this post and the links along with it. I first heard of this on the Jon Stewart show and couldn't believe it at first. I thought it was going to be some kind of skit. Then it hit me, and when I heard the republicans bring up no tolerance for ACORN yet didn't give a damn about funding companies that tolerate that kind of abuse it saddened me that so many people don't give a damn about people any more.

I would have started a thread on this myself but at the time I was seriously ill with a bacteria infection and was bed-ridden for almost 2 weeks. How those 30 can sleep at night with a clear conscience is beyond me.
What should sadden you is the fact that the people who wrote the bill had to add in their personal agenda knowing it would meet resistance. They are the ones who didn't give a damn about the victims here.

This bill is like cutting your hand off to get rid of a splinter. If they had just dealt with the splinter then we wouldn't be having this conversation.
Old 10-28-2009, 06:49 PM
Buzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
What should sadden you is the fact that the people who wrote the bill had to add in their personal agenda knowing it would meet resistance. They are the ones who didn't give a damn about the victims here.

This bill is like cutting your hand off to get rid of a splinter. If they had just dealt with the splinter then we wouldn't be having this conversation.
What personal agenda that was added to the bill are you referring to?
Old 11-05-2009, 06:41 PM
Crisco

Quote:
What personal agenda that was added to the bill are you referring to?
I know this is late I'm just curious...

You keep talking about how we are pro-death and pro-torture..

How do you feel about abortion? Do you think abortion is ok?

If you do why do you feel it's ok to kill a growing child but not ok to put a convicted murderer to death?
Old 11-07-2009, 09:24 AM
Buzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco View Post
I know this is late I'm just curious...

You keep talking about how we are pro-death and pro-torture..

How do you feel about abortion? Do you think abortion is ok?

If you do why do you feel it's ok to kill a growing child but not ok to put a convicted murderer to death?
No, I've said before on here that I am against abortion, though in cases of rape I would have to go against my own views and allow it as long as it was done in the very early stages of pregnancy.

I'm all for punishing murderers and other criminals, but not with the sentence of death.

I'm also against killing for sport and trophies.
Old 11-07-2009, 02:15 PM
Crisco

Quote:
No, I've said before on here that I am against abortion, though in cases of rape I would have to go against my own views and allow it as long as it was done in the very early stages of pregnancy.

I'm all for punishing murderers and other criminals, but not with the sentence of death.

I'm also against killing for sport and trophies.
But does it make sense to you that we should we should terminate the life of a baby who was a product of rape but not the grown man who commited the rape?
Old 11-07-2009, 10:05 PM
Buzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco View Post
But does it make sense to you that we should we should terminate the life of a baby who was a product of rape but not the grown man who commited the rape?
That's a real good question Crisco. I thinking forcing the mother to carry to term a product of the crime committed against her is punishing her for being raped.

I see a difference in a fully formed viable adult and an embryo. Maybe in the future I will change my views, but at this time I believe the victim of the rape has more rights than the embryo. It's a tough call and not an easy one for me. I am thankful that I won't ever have to make that decision.

Given more time to think about it, I may be able to explain my position better.
Old 11-12-2009, 04:15 AM
Crisco

Quote:
That's a real good question Crisco. I thinking forcing the mother to carry to term a product of the crime committed against her is punishing her for being raped.

I see a difference in a fully formed viable adult and an embryo. Maybe in the future I will change my views, but at this time I believe the victim of the rape has more rights than the embryo. It's a tough call and not an easy one for me. I am thankful that I won't ever have to make that decision.

Given more time to think about it, I may be able to explain my position better.
I understand.

You do not feel that an Embryo is yet a person hence your early term stipulation.

I get it.

I guess that becomes a matter of opinion as there is science for both arguements and you do not hold the bible in regard so the ability to back up your feelings with scripture is unimportant to you.

Thats tough man and I don't envy your confusion. I use to be the same way.

I wont condescend to you or anything and even though we do argue I do pray for you man... I hope eventually you find the right path whatever it may be and I know you personally will most likely not be performing or having an abortion done so it makes the choice harder.

Do I feel abortion is wrong? Yes. Should it be illegal? I don't know.

The morallity of something is best on God, however, I feel the legality of things should be based on science.

I never want to live in a place where Christianity is forced on anyone. If God gave man free will, we have no right to take it away. Being saved is a personal choice and you can never force it on someone.

I believe forced conversion is what separates us from the barbarians(Islam).

I kind of rambled there. What I'm saying is if science can prove its a living person it should be illegal if not then it shouldn't. BUT I repeat I do not believe in Abortion and I don't think anyone should choose that route.