Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 11-10-2009, 04:57 PM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
uhhh .. have you ever seen X-men?
yea, and uhh...that's was a good thing?

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 11-10-2009, 04:58 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
yea, and uhh...that's was a good thing?
i wouldn't mind having those powers and being an outcast ... LOL
Old 11-10-2009, 05:06 PM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
i wouldn't mind having those powers and being an outcast ... LOL
Which X-power would you want? If you could choose one?

Old 11-10-2009, 05:08 PM
CAVEMAN

http://www.biblebelievers.org.au/giants.htm
Old 11-10-2009, 05:10 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
Which X-power would you want? If you could choose one?
thats a tough one ... wolverine's self-healing is good, but jean gray and prof's mind controling is good too ... tough choice ... LOL .. and you?
Old 11-10-2009, 05:21 PM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
thats a tough one ... wolverine's self-healing is good, but jean gray and prof's mind controling is good too ... tough choice ... LOL .. and you?
There is an x-man named Kitty Pryde. She could phase through objects...that would be sweet. You could take shortcuts through walls, buildings, people haha. I agree about Jean Gray....telekinenisis and telepathy would be the bomb.

Old 11-10-2009, 05:47 PM
mscomc

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVEMAN View Post
Exactly! AND when has a mutation ever been observed as a good thing?
Umm, I don't think this is your fault, as the word mutation in the media has gotten the rap of of ALWAYS being bad, and thats not true. I think we always equate it with: ionzing radiation thats gonna de-form us and our babies will be born without noses and stuff. But there are some benfical mutations.

1) Many people in northern europe have a mutated version of the CCR5 receptor on their cell surface. The CCR5 receptor is what the HIV virus uses to infect cells. The people in europe, have ones that are deformed. As such, they are completely immune to HIV. You can expose them to it as much as you want, and they wont get it. At the same time, there hasnt really been any observable difference with their rest of their metabolism

2) people with really fast metabolisms throughout life have had some mutations in a protein called the UCP3, called Un-coupling proteins. People who have a faulty funcitoning UCP3 (from a mutation) have been shown to metabolize fats and carbs very well, as such: diabetes is almost elimnated, high cholesterol, athersclerosis is reduced etc etc etc

3) It is beleived that a transposable elements may have inserted itself in the place that coded for Cellulose metabolism. Therefore, now we cant use Cellulose as a source of Carbs, BUT.....in place, we can now use Fiber in the G.I tract to help us push out feces...... This is may be why the appendix and cecum have NO physiological function anymore. At the same time, the fecal bulk that gets formed in G.I tract can help stimulate immunity. So having good stools, is good all the way around

----those are a few examples, there a more. You have to know though, having a good mutation come along is SLOOWWWWWWW. Just like in X-MEN Proffessor Xavier said its a slow process, but every few hundred millenia (or was it million?) something happens!!!!
Old 11-10-2009, 09:43 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shon8121 View Post
So uh... you do accept Evolution? ...er... god directed Evolution?
This is what I believe.

The Creational Event occured about 4004BC More then Likely, and it was indeed a sudden appearence of perfectly formed creation that took place over the 6 days.

Now. I also believe that this event was one of three events whose repuccusions send a ripple, not only forward in time, but backwards in time aswell. For example...how does a person Credited with Righteousness, become Saved if he dies thousands of years before Christ? Because the power of the Ressurection goes BACKWARDS as well as Forwards.

In the same way that a human creates a story board, so GOD created the World. But as soon as the story board is complete, the Writer then has to go back and "fill in" the History of characters and the likes. This Creational Event primarily occured in the spiritual Realm, and like a Cone, it stretches both upwards to the Left, and Upwards to the Right, into the Temporal Realm.

Draw an upside down triangle The point represents the Spiritual Realm and moment of Creation. The Top Left is the Big Bang, the Top Right is Judgement Day the line between them represents temporal time. Draw a line up from the point of the triangle upwards, it will bisect the Temporal Realm AFTER the Big Bang. Half way through Chronology. THAT is your Genesis Event....please note, half the Triangle Falls BEFORE that point...and yet both Big Bang and Judgement Day extend outward from the Point of the Triangle.

Anyway, so the time before the Chronological point of Creation I call backdated time. Its real, Because the Point of Creation in the Temporal Realm, is NOT the begining of the World. Its a Chronological blip...just like GOD didnt start Saving at the Ressurection...GOD Saved before Cross, The World Existed before the moment of Creation. Exactly the same process. EXACTLY the same.

So you ask, what then Governed that backdated time. Simply put, the laws of Nature. Created by GOD, they lead up TO Creation, and then they Extend FROM Creation.

I believe that Darwinism, when viewed as EITHER A purist Survival of the best Adapted, or Intelligent Design is Fine. There is just one thing I would say. I do not know whether Humans are as Uniquely created as Single Cells (ergo, not derived from other life) or whether we are decended from other Animals...and for me, it doesnt matter. Who cares how GOD did that. It makes no difference.

So why doesnt GOD say all this in Genesis? Because it doesnt matter how he did it. The point is that He Did.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:08 PM
shon8121

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVEMAN View Post
Exactly! AND when has a mutation ever been observed as a good thing?
Google "20 year E. Coli experiement"
3 separate and unrelated Mutations allowed for a Bacteria essentially classified as being unable to consume Citrate... to be able to thrive on it successfully. Thats one... er... 3. Savy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
So why doesnt GOD say all this in Genesis? Because it doesnt matter how he did it. The point is that He Did.
There were a lot of things I found a little confusing in your post, but overall the only major issue I would have is the timeline... at least the way I undertsood it. You claimed the more literal interpretation of the Bible having the Earth show up roughly 6,000 years ago which wouldn't give enough time for things to Evolve from a single celled organism to the variety we see today.
But yeah, otherwise, I like peeps like you who don't really care how god did it... just that he did do it.
*shrug*
Ok dokay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscomc
----those are a few examples, there a more. You have to know though, having a good mutation come along is SLOOWWWWWWW. Just like in X-MEN Proffessor Xavier said its a slow process, but every few hundred millenia (or was it million?) something happens!!!!
Mutations occur at a pretty consistent rate, the majority of which are neutral... but the leaps in Evolution occur depending on what Environmental and other Selective pressures are pushed on the populations of organisms. The X-Men version of Evolution doesn't make any sense whatsoever, unfortunately, because no Selective pressures are forcing the X-Men to acquire their new abilities or powers or whatever.
... Unless they were all bitten by a Radioactive Spider and its brethren of Insects and/or Animals. Haha.

P.S. Thanks for listing some beneficial mutations as well. Every time I turn around you are beating me at my own game and giving certain evidences before I get the chance to! Haha.

Last edited by shon8121; 11-10-2009 at 11:11 PM.
Old 11-10-2009, 11:48 PM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscomc View Post
Hey Chris, I'm malcom, I dont think we have every formally introduced ourselves to one another, so nice to meet you If you dont mind, I'd like to address the bolded region of your last post.

I have always had a hard time with people who say " i was going to go into science, but then i didnt because i found this".....in my experience, this has always been because most of those people could not do science (like basic chemistry) and they copped out and just said, well I have now conveniently found another calling.....so nuts to science.

I'm not saying this is the case for you. If theology is what you really love and are happy doing, thumbs up man How far were you into your Zoology degree? what drastically changed your mind? Was it possible to finish that before you went into bible college, that way you could have two degrees? are you against all major science? For example, if someone is very sick, are you someone (and i have met people like this) who says "you are sick, because god wants you to be sick, and you should't seek treatment"?

I don't mean to be offensive in asking these questions, so if I have articulated as such, please accept my humble apologies. I am just curious to hear someone elses outlook on life.
It was 14 years later before I returned to school and I was an honor student in my undergard work that I did beofre I quit. My faith and what they were teaching could not be reconciled so I will choose my faith every time over mans wisdom. Hope that answered your question. The only part of scinece I hated was the stuff that had math. . Other then that I enjoyed it because God's creation is a greta thing to study.