Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 11-08-2009, 03:42 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by shon8121 View Post
NateR - I was under the impression that you were someone who would respond with something... more than what you have been so far.

Are you just intending to insult people? Or do you actually have something to offer to the conversation?

No, I do not "believe" what I am writing... I accept it. I am merely writing whats accepted as the Scientific Consensus by the Eminent Scientists of our time... so in essence I'm just repeating the Scientific Opinions and Speculation here.

Again, I do hope that you actually attempt to discuss here rather than just scoff and throw out unneccessary insults.
Fixed.
Old 11-08-2009, 03:43 AM
Adia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
They are not facts... it's called the theory of evolution for a reason. It's a theory. The only thing that makes it even remotely possible is to assign some ridiculous time frame to the "facts" like millions of years...

Rubbish
Indeed. My mother always said "if you weren't there, you don't know, now shut up and do the dishes"..ok maybe the last part spoke more to her parenting style....but just the same...
Old 11-08-2009, 03:44 AM
shon8121

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
The difference is that it's a Law. There is no "Law of Evolution," because there is absolutely no evidence to support Macro-Evolution. Zero.

Exactly where is your information about Evolution coming from? You need to start citing your sources before I will even consider engaging in a discussion with you on this topic.
Oh, so you do intend to have a "discussion"? Thats great news!

Uh... "law" of Evolution? Of course not. We humans are in fact not Evolving anymore because we have overcome (for the most part) Natural Selection... so most anybody who desires to (and some who don't, haha) procreate. If Natural Selection is not being applied to a population of organisms, then they are unable to adapt or change... so there can be no "law" of Evolution.
But there is technically a "law" of Mutations since they occur at a pretty consistent rate.
Even die hard Creationists accept that...

And uh... I don't get my information from any specific website because I have been acquiring my information from a variety of sources over several years... but there is a website that has a great index of what information I possess and can link to.
It's:
http://www.talkorigins.com
...if you want to take a peek.
Old 11-08-2009, 03:45 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by shon8121 View Post
NateR - I was under the impression that you were someone who would respond with something... more than what you have been so far.

Are you just intending to insult people? Or do you actually have something to offer to the conversation?

No, I do not "believe" what I am writing... I accept it. I am merely writing whats accepted as the Scientific Consensus by the Eminent Scientists of our time... so in essence I'm just repeating the Scientific Facts here.

Again, I do hope that you actually attempt to discuss here rather than just scoff and throw out unneccessary insults.
But you see, we've had this discussion many times on this forum over the last several years. It's old. It's boring. So bring something new to the table or it's just not worth rehashing again and again.

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 11-08-2009, 03:46 AM
shon8121

Quote:
Fixed.
Haha NateR, you make me giggle.
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adia View Post
Indeed. My mother always said "if you weren't there, you don't know, now shut up and do the dishes"..ok maybe the last part spoke more to her parenting style....but just the same...
Exactly, there were no human beings alive to witness these "events" so they can NEVER be declared as fact. Claiming that these are facts does nothing but reveal a fundamental ignorance of the scope and limitations of true science.
Adia

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
But you see, we've had this discussion many times on this forum over the last several years. It's old. It's boring. So bring something new to the table or it's just not worth rehashing again and again.

~Amy
Something tells me this and a few other threads are being "rehashed" with a particular motive in mind....n'est ce pas? ;)
shon8121

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post

~Amy
I apologize... for I have not been there for those previous discussions so I know not what have already been covered...

Old 11-08-2009, 03:48 AM
Adia

Quote:
Exactly, there were no human beings alive to witness these "events" so they can NEVER be declared as fact. Claiming that these are facts does nothing but reveal a fundamental ignorance of the scope and limitations of true science.
Ah but there will always be the "experts" who claim otherwise. I like to watch them theorize themselves in circles..it's like watching dogs chase their tails and who doesn't love that?

There are also people who like starting controversial threads just to doodie stir. Those are amusing too because they always end the same. The wheel cannot be reinvented lol
Old 11-08-2009, 03:48 AM
shon8121

Quote:
NateR... was a Human there for your birth? How do you know?
Do you remember?
Do your parents remember? They say they do... but oddly enough their versions of the story will differ slightly.

Personal Testimony is becoming less and less used and trusted in court because it is not as good of evidence as... say... DNA evidence...

... which consequently Evolution has...
Shall I repeat the undeniable evidences for you?