Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 11-08-2009, 12:31 AM
logrus

Evolution for me is nothing more then a species evolving for the sake of survival.
Old 11-08-2009, 12:53 AM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by shon8121 View Post
Why is it "rubbish"?

I'm only presenting the Scientific Facts. I'm sure if I listed all of the components in your Computer, you wouldn't reasonably be able to call that rubish because all of those components are the results of the same Scientific Method that derived our knowledge about Evolution.
They are not facts... it's called the theory of evolution for a reason. It's a theory. The only thing that makes it even remotely possible is to assign some ridiculous time frame to the "facts" like millions of years...

Rubbish
Old 11-08-2009, 02:24 AM
shon8121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
They are not facts... it's called the theory of evolution for a reason. It's a theory. The only thing that makes it even remotely possible is to assign some ridiculous time frame to the "facts" like millions of years...

Rubbish
Ah... Chuck c'mon. Have you skipped some of my precious posts? A Scientific Theory as defined by it's original meaning is: An Explanation for a collection of facts.
So uh... a Theory isn't a mere educated guess as is a "Hypothesis" as many assume.

Ridiculous time frame? So uh... lets take Dinosaurs for example. How do you explain how they show up in the Fossil record? Why are they so far below the life that we find as living today? And why before them do we find precambrian life which is much more simple than the Cretacious and Jurrasic Period?
If you need help understanding the Science here, I would love to assist you sir.

We have a better understanding of Evolution than we do for Gravity... which is also a "Theory" by the way... and so is the whole "Earth revolving around the Sun" thing.

Think about it.
Old 11-08-2009, 02:32 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Ah... Chuck c'mon. Have you skipped some of my precious posts? A Scientific Theory as defined by it's original meaning is: An Explanation for a collection of facts.
So uh... a Theory isn't a mere educated guess as is a "Hypothesis" as many assume.

Ridiculous time frame? So uh... lets take Dinosaurs for example. How do you explain how they show up in the Fossil record? Why are they so far below the life that we find as living today? And why before them do we find precambrian life which is much more simple than the Cretacious and Jurrasic Period?
If you need help understanding the Science here, I would love to assist you sir.

We have a better understanding of Evolution than we do for Gravity... which is also a "Theory" by the way... and so is the whole "Earth revolving around the Sun" thing.

Think about it.
Wow, do you really believe any of this nonsense that you are typing?
Old 11-08-2009, 02:34 AM
Administrator

Gravity a theory?
Old 11-08-2009, 02:36 AM
shon8121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
Gravity a theory?
Is this "Mark" as in the brother of Matt? If so, thats awesome. It's great to uh... type to you. Haha.

But yes, Gravity is both a Law, accompanied by a Theory to explain it. :-)
Old 11-08-2009, 02:39 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Is this "Mark" as in the brother of Matt? If so, thats awesome. It's great to uh... type to you. Haha.

So the theory you are taking about with the dinasours is speculation?
shon8121

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Wow, do you really believe any of this nonsense that you are typing?
NateR - I was under the impression that you were someone who would respond with something... more than what you have been so far.

Are you just intending to insult people? Or do you actually have something to offer to the conversation?

No, I do not "believe" what I am writing... I accept it. I am merely writing whats accepted as the Scientific Consensus by the Eminent Scientists of our time... so in essence I'm just repeating the Scientific Facts here.

Again, I do hope that you actually attempt to discuss here rather than just scoff and throw out unneccessary insults.
Administrator

Quote:

The difference is that it's a Law. There is no "Law of Evolution," because there is absolutely no evidence to support Macro-Evolution. Zero.

Exactly where is your information about Evolution coming from? You need to start citing your sources before I will even consider engaging in a discussion with you on this topic.
Old 11-08-2009, 02:40 AM
shon8121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
So the theory you are taking about with the dinasours is speculation?
Huh? What "Theory" about Dinosaurs?