Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 02-10-2009, 03:40 AM
Stump Rules!

Andrea it wasnt at all boring! Not like some of these mma fans on here that just go on and on about nothing
I'm so happy to hear your ok. I've never experienced what you have but went through a fire and being evacuated and had to come home to a complete mess so I get it a little bit. Yeah, makes you grateful for all the little ( which are actually big) things in life.
Glad you lived to tell the tale.Get cleaned up and get back here.Youve only got 2 post

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 02-10-2009, 12:01 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Glad you and the family are safe and warm now. Great story!
I love it when people pull together.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:33 PM

Andrea, so glad to hear y'all have power again and that y'all made it through this trying time. Sounds like you've got some good people up there. God bless you all!
Old 02-10-2009, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN
Awwww, poor Andrea. I know exactly what she's going thru. It sucks sooooo bad. I hope she gets her power back soon, not having meals for that long was one of the hardest things for me. And the sound of all the generators. I hate that sound but loved it at the same time.

~Amy
Ditto! As beautiful a blessing as those generators were, when we finally got power and they were off, that beautiful peaceful silence was a blessing also.

BTW, you had water?

I thought after Rita, in '05, I was going to be totally prepared for the next one, NOT. This year, starting in June, I'm using everything in the freezer and going week to week keeping stuff in the fridge. If I stay, I'm filling every recepticle (tubs, pots, jugs, etc...) with water as well as stocking up on bottled water and batteries. Of course, I realize my doing this will more than likely insure no hurricanes will come this way.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:17 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie
Ditto! As beautiful a blessing as those generators were, when we finally got power and they were off, that beautiful peaceful silence was a blessing also.

BTW, you had water?

I thought after Rita, in '05, I was going to be totally prepared for the next one, NOT. This year, starting in June, I'm using everything in the freezer and going week to week keeping stuff in the fridge. If I stay, I'm filling every recepticle (tubs, pots, jugs, etc...) with water as well as stocking up on bottled water and batteries. Of course, I realize my doing this will more than likely insure no hurricanes will come this way.

We didn't have any water for several days, 5 or 6 I can't remember. Then when it did come back on we were on a boil water order but didn't have a way to boil water. So we had to find other means. I showered at work. We had filled the tubs full of water but that only got us so far. Oh well. Hurricanes suck but at least it wasn't an ice storm. No way could I deal with the cold for so long with just my fireplace.

~Amy

My son made this for me: