Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 11-04-2009, 01:55 PM
snakerattle79

Default Brett Rogers: "I’m The Chosen One"

http://news.fightmagazine.com/brett-...ikeforce-2028/

After Brett Rogers knocked out Andrei Arlovski on June 6, he met Fedor Emelianenko immediately. They were asked to pose for photos together and in that whirlwind Rogers realized he would one day fight the world’s best heavyweight—he just didn’t think it would be five months later.

Critics and fans have been shocked at Rogers’ assertions about his upcoming bout against the world’s best heavyweight: Emelianenko’s not invincible, Emelianenko hasn’t been hit like he can hit and Emelianenko will lose on Nov. 7.

But nothing seems to be shaking Rogers. Not the fact that Emelianenko is a superior ground fighte, that he has far more experience against far better fighters. In fact, Rogers has a counter for all of it: he’s 40-pounds heavier, hard to take down, and unfazed by main event attention.

“I never think about losing,” said Rogers of his confidence. He doesn’t think about losing because if he does, well, it will come sooner than later.

As it stands, Rogers believes all the pressure is on his oppenent because he has a reputation to uphold as the world’s best heavyweight. “I still feel like a dude off the street going into the cage sometimes,” said Rogers. “I shouldn’t feel like that…It is what it is. This is my career man. This is who I am. This is me now.”

Rogers knows that fighters have a short shelf-life, that he has to take advantage of every opportunity and make the most of it for himself and his family. After all, he escaped the Chicago ghettos and worked round the clock changing tires and training to earn the right to be here, on the verge of fame and wealth he could only imagine a few years ago.

“I just felt I needed to do something good. My grandma had 10 kids man. No superstars, no doctors, no lawyers. See where I’m going with that?” said Rogers. “I’m like man, if anybody’s the chosen one, I’m feeling like I’m the chosen one.”
Old 11-04-2009, 03:02 PM
CAVEMAN

The Chosen One to go to sleep!
Old 11-04-2009, 03:09 PM
Crisco

Who doesh he think he is?

Obama?
Old 11-04-2009, 03:15 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco View Post
Who doesh he think he is?

Obama?
Yes he can!
Old 11-04-2009, 03:39 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Yes he can!

No He Can't!
Old 11-04-2009, 03:41 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
No He Can't!
Yeah, you're probably right.
Old 11-04-2009, 04:46 PM
Krupp

I don't think that he CAN'T win...he does have a few things going for him...

I just think he WON'T. If Arlovski couldn't beat Fedor in a stand up fight, Rogers won't either.
Old 11-04-2009, 04:59 PM
billwilliams70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krupp View Post
II just think he WON'T. If Arlovski couldn't beat Fedor in a stand up fight, Rogers won't either.
Playin' devil's advocate here......I think that many people thought that Arlovski WAS beating Fedor until he got caught with a well placed punch.

Later.
Old 11-04-2009, 05:01 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Sherdog made a really good point: Arlovski, Sylvia, Schilt, Hong & a slew of others have all had a puncher's chance against him. Never turned out too well, though!
Old 11-04-2009, 05:14 PM
Krupp

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwilliams70 View Post
Playin' devil's advocate here......I think that many people thought that Arlovski WAS beating Fedor until he got caught with a well placed punch.

Later.
Point taken. Now, I haven't seen Rogers fight, so does anyone know how technically sound he is with his hands? We all know Arlovski was quite good...

So my argument would consist of this; yeah, I think Arlovski might've been winning that fight, but if he's technically better than Rogers, well...then no wonder he was doing well against Fedor.