Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 11-03-2009, 03:52 PM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
or am I false to say he's washed up?
you never know, Randy was washed up after he lost the 3rd fight to chuck but came back after a break and looked better than ever. Maybe the same will happen with Jens.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:59 PM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
you never know, Randy was washed up after he lost the 3rd fight to chuck but came back after a break and looked better than ever. Maybe the same will happen with Jens.
Hmmm....Randy and Jens....I think they are so different in style, discipline, mental fortitude...I don't think Jens is on Randy's level. I think he uses far too many pronouns per sentence and has a big heart (and a lot of tears too) as Rogan would say, but he's not Randy.

I would like to see him come back strong, but would rather he not because he might only go down hard. His latest accomplishments have begun to fade into obscurity next to all his defeats, his last few being very embarrasing.

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 11-03-2009, 04:04 PM
Hughes fanboy

Oh and Dave, when you get to this thread, which you will, spare me the 3000 worded excuse ridden dissertation on Jens - Just pony up and admit the truth. It's much easier to stomach

Old 11-03-2009, 04:49 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:

Fact is he's lost 6 of 7 of his last fights. I thought it bogus that after he had returned to the UFC and lost to Joe Lauzon, then to BJ Penn, THEN gets into the WEC and wins ONE FIGHT and gets a title shot, which he lost, THEN gets PWNED again, THEN gets another TITLE SHOT??? Then loses to a noob. And he's supposed to be a legend? What next, Dancing with the Stars
But thats the whole point ive been trying to make. the peoples love for him is NOT based on his record. Let me tell you that not many people even remember him as Lightweight Champion...so they love him solely because he is a genuinely nice humanbeing.

I wouldnt use the word "self Aware" it doesnt mean what your trying to say

As for WEC...well he was unbeaten at 145lbs from other insitutions, he only needed to show he could beat someone, and with a division like that he may as well try out since almost everyone else had against Faber...and he only fought for the title once., after that they never promised even winning a rematch with Faber would give him contention

as for Grispi...just like Lauzon...the two were not Noobs. You feel like they are because they are making debuts and you know little about them, but neither were low callibres. I dont know why they havent played on Grispi again though since.

As for Legend. Well, his legacy is concrete. Nothing he does now really effects that. Trust me, you wouldnt stand a chance against Jens Pulver. Its his presence and his unpredictability. You've not seen him angry...and I have
Old 11-03-2009, 04:51 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
or am I false to say he's washed up?
Your false
Old 11-03-2009, 05:45 PM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Trust me, you wouldnt stand a chance against Jens Pulver. Its his presence and his unpredictability. You've not seen him angry...and I have
I would murder him

Old 11-03-2009, 06:06 PM
Krupp

Let me put it this way: I don't care if Jens never gets another title shot. As long as he remains competitive and can give as much as he's taking I'm happy for the man.

As it is, I believe Hughes should retire because he's not half as good as he used to be - I believe one could say that Hughes himself is 'washed up'

BUT you don't see me saying crap like "I could take him." Now, do you? My point simply is that you thinking you're actually good enough to fight someone who's put his time into the sport irks me. I'm not saying you couldn't; I don't know if you train in mma or not. But I'm one of those guys that gives respect to the old men, regardless of if they're washed up or not.

So if you believe Jens is washed up, that's fine. I can't say I blame you. But maybe you should first try fighting in the WEC or even fighting professional at all before you start running your mouth about who you could and couldn't beat. Chances are you might get embarassed.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:35 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
I would murder him
You could try
Old 11-03-2009, 08:26 PM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
You could try
And I could succeed too

Old 11-03-2009, 08:38 PM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krupp View Post
Let me put it this way: I don't care if Jens never gets another title shot. As long as he remains competitive and can give as much as he's taking I'm happy for the man.
Fair enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krupp View Post
As it is, I believe Hughes should retire because he's not half as good as he used to be - I believe one could say that Hughes himself is 'washed up'
Matt also doesn't oversell himself like Jens does. As per the rest of your post...let's just say my initials might be UF