Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 11-02-2009, 05:09 PM
billwilliams70

Default 2009 Fort Campbell Falcons

Well, they've finished the regular season 10-0, finishing the region at 4-0 and ending as 3-0 district champions.

They've scored 543 points those ten games and have allowed a mesely 67 points. Both of these accomplishments are the best in the entire state of Kentucky regardless of class. Fort Campbell is a 2A team in a state that is home to the nationally ranked 5A Highlands Bluebirds, the team that NFL commentator Chris Collinsworth's son plays wide receiver and defensive back.

They enter the postseason as the favorite to win the state championship, but are keeping their head on their shoulders taking one game at a time now.....knowing what lies ahead.

They're my favorite football team! Go Falcons!

Later.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:11 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwilliams70 View Post
Well, they've finished the regular season 10-0, finishing the region at 4-0 and ending as 3-0 district champions.

They've scored 543 points those ten games and have allowed a mesely 67 points. Both of these accomplishments are the best in the entire state of Kentucky regardless of class. Fort Campbell is a 2A team in a state that is home to the nationally ranked 5A Highlands Bluebirds, the team that NFL commentator Chris Collinsworth's son plays wide receiver and defensive back.

They enter the postseason as the favorite to win the state championship, but are keeping their head on their shoulders taking one game at a time now.....knowing what lies ahead.

Later.
WAR FALCONS!!!!!
Old 11-02-2009, 06:17 PM
Shoots like a girl

Would that be Fort Campbell Kentucky????
Old 11-02-2009, 06:44 PM
Chuck

Quote:

Later.
That's great news brother! I was wondering if they did anything for Tim this year? A sticker on a helmet? An announcement?

I have no doubt that each and every one of those young men plays just a little bit harder this season Part of that State title will certainly belong to Tim!!
Old 11-02-2009, 06:44 PM
billwilliams70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoots like a girl View Post
Would that be Fort Campbell Kentucky????
Yes, that would be Fort Campbell, Kentucky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
That's great news brother! I was wondering if they did anything for Tim this year? A sticker on a helmet? An announcement?

I have no doubt that each and every one of those young men plays just a little bit harder this season Part of that State title will certainly belong to Tim!!
The whole season is dedicated to Tim....on 11 September the school retired his number (#73) and a memorial was hung in the school. As far as helmet stickers go, they continue to wear the traditional FC logo on one side of the helmet and a TW73 logo on the other.

The opening game of the year was played against a Nashville school, and they gave us a team signed #73 jersey from their team.

Later.
Old 11-02-2009, 06:48 PM
billwilliams70

Pictures from all of the games thus far can be found here:

http://www.am.dodea.edu/campbell/Cam...l/Football.htm

Later.
Old 11-02-2009, 06:57 PM
Shoots like a girl

Thats awesome Bill! I have family there. My brother was stationed there while in special forces! I lived in Cadiz for 2 years. Its a great place to live! Im so happy that your team is doing well!!!
Old 11-02-2009, 07:09 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
The whole season is dedicated to Tim....on 11 September the school retired his number (#73) and a memorial was hung in the school. As far as helmet stickers go, they continue to wear the traditional FC logo on one side of the helmet and a TW73 logo on the other.

The opening game of the year was played against a Nashville school, and they gave us a team signed #73 jersey from their team.

Later.
That's so fantastic, Bill. I'm especially impressed by what the Nashville school did. That was awesome.
Old 11-15-2009, 09:46 PM
billwilliams70

Well, they've made it through the first two rounds of the playoffs, they now fact the undefeated Murray Tigers in the third round.

Murray is a team with some big boys on it, but I think that the Falcons speed will quickly negate the size issue.

Go Falcons.

Later.
Old 11-16-2009, 01:58 AM
Chuck

Sweet!!!!!!!