Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 10-29-2009, 05:32 PM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
we are not debating Forrest vs Shogun we are talking about the fact that Forrest won a dec vs Rampage with leg kicks but they did not give Shogun the decision for the same strategy.
Cause Forrest did more in his fight then kick. He threw a crap load of hand strikes, all be it a large % of those were feints to set up the leg kick. Did Rua do that, NO. I wont get into Forrest taking it to the ground, Rua not taking it to the ground.

I wont get into how he threw twice as many punches as Rampage did, and 20 times more kicks then Rampage did. 5 times more ground strikes then Rampage did.

ohhh ya and the poorest round performance in UFC history with a 10-7 or 10-8 what ev you want,
Old 10-29-2009, 07:44 PM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
Cause Forrest did more in his fight then kick. He threw a crap load of hand strikes, all be it a large % of those were feints to set up the leg kick. Did Rua do that, NO. I wont get into Forrest taking it to the ground, Rua not taking it to the ground.

I wont get into how he threw twice as many punches as Rampage did, and 20 times more kicks then Rampage did. 5 times more ground strikes then Rampage did.

ohhh ya and the poorest round performance in UFC history with a 10-7 or 10-8 what ev you want,
Forrest only landed 19% of his hand strikes
Rua Landed 32% of his

Forrest landed 52% of his leg strikes
Rua landed 70% oh his leg strikes

(all % numbers provided by compustrike)

Forrest also landed a lower % of his strikes than Rampage did when they fought. Also, the only time Forrest took that fight to the ground is when Rampage fell over after being kicked in the knee.
Old 10-30-2009, 01:13 AM
atomdanger

Quote:

Shogun did more than kick also,
Machida had to get stitches on his face and has a broken rib.
Old 10-30-2009, 01:36 AM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake View Post

Ya know, this really makes me wonder. What is the reaction gonna be like the first time a guy dies in a major MMA event?
it really would depend...

What if Bisping had died in the Hendo fight.. People would be CRAZY over "how brutal" MMA is... or if Randy died in the hospital AFTER a fight.. but took some serious head shots.. people would be nuts about "old fighters" not fighting anymore..

When someone dies in the cage.. people will be up in arms.. even though there has been only 1 death "in relation" to sanctioned cage fighting in the US... and even that one was "questionable".. the guy had had several surgeries .. but some how was still licensed to fight.

But how many deaths a year in semi pro and pro boxing... football... or serious injuries like paralyzed,... WWE guys that do SERIOUS damage every year. People don't call for the shut down of those sports.. but when it happens... hopefully a VERY long time from now.. but WHEN it happens.... watch people jump on the anti-MMA train..

Last edited by Spiritwalker; 10-30-2009 at 01:42 AM.
Old 10-30-2009, 03:13 AM

Quote:

shogun also didnt get knocked on his ass and almost knocked out
Old 10-30-2009, 07:38 AM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
Forrest only landed 19% of his hand strikes
Rua Landed 32% of his

Forrest landed 52% of his leg strikes
Rua landed 70% oh his leg strikes

(all % numbers provided by compustrike)

Forrest also landed a lower % of his strikes than Rampage did when they fought. Also, the only time Forrest took that fight to the ground is when Rampage fell over after being kicked in the knee.
Cause Forrest used the hands to set up the kick and to keep Rampage at bay which is a smart tactic against the power Rampage brings.

alot more then the 3 total by rampage

Cause they were used to get in and get out keep rampage at a distance and work the kicks. It was a solid game plan.

knee is legal in your book, so null and void.
Old 10-30-2009, 07:39 AM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger View Post
Shogun did more than kick also,
Machida had to get stitches on his face and has a broken rib.
An forrest sent Rampage over the edge to the loony bin lol or jail..
Old 10-30-2009, 07:41 AM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44 View Post
shogun also didnt get knocked on his ass and almost knocked out
Your right Forrest got knocked down, the fight should have ended. I mean no fighter ever recovers from that.
Old 10-30-2009, 03:38 PM
Max

Quote:
knee is legal in your book, so null and void.
I was pointing out that Forrest did not take Rampage down, Rampage fell over so Forrest did not get a takedown like you said. I am fine with Forrest kicking Rampage in the knee to get him down though, but it is still not a takedown.