Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 10-29-2009, 05:32 PM
logrus
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
we are not debating Forrest vs Shogun we are talking about the fact that Forrest won a dec vs Rampage with leg kicks but they did not give Shogun the decision for the same strategy.
Cause Forrest did more in his fight then kick. He threw a crap load of hand strikes, all be it a large % of those were feints to set up the leg kick. Did Rua do that, NO. I wont get into Forrest taking it to the ground, Rua not taking it to the ground.

I wont get into how he threw twice as many punches as Rampage did, and 20 times more kicks then Rampage did. 5 times more ground strikes then Rampage did.

ohhh ya and the poorest round performance in UFC history with a 10-7 or 10-8 what ev you want,
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 10-29-2009, 07:44 PM
Max
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
Cause Forrest did more in his fight then kick. He threw a crap load of hand strikes, all be it a large % of those were feints to set up the leg kick. Did Rua do that, NO. I wont get into Forrest taking it to the ground, Rua not taking it to the ground.

I wont get into how he threw twice as many punches as Rampage did, and 20 times more kicks then Rampage did. 5 times more ground strikes then Rampage did.

ohhh ya and the poorest round performance in UFC history with a 10-7 or 10-8 what ev you want,
Forrest only landed 19% of his hand strikes
Rua Landed 32% of his

Forrest landed 52% of his leg strikes
Rua landed 70% oh his leg strikes

(all % numbers provided by compustrike)

Forrest also landed a lower % of his strikes than Rampage did when they fought. Also, the only time Forrest took that fight to the ground is when Rampage fell over after being kicked in the knee.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 10-30-2009, 01:13 AM
atomdanger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
Cause Forrest did more in his fight then kick. He threw a crap load of hand strikes, all be it a large % of those were feints to set up the leg kick. Did Rua do that, NO. I wont get into Forrest taking it to the ground, Rua not taking it to the ground.

I wont get into how he threw twice as many punches as Rampage did, and 20 times more kicks then Rampage did. 5 times more ground strikes then Rampage did.

ohhh ya and the poorest round performance in UFC history with a 10-7 or 10-8 what ev you want,
Shogun did more than kick also,
Machida had to get stitches on his face and has a broken rib.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 10-30-2009, 01:36 AM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake View Post

Ya know, this really makes me wonder. What is the reaction gonna be like the first time a guy dies in a major MMA event?
it really would depend...

What if Bisping had died in the Hendo fight.. People would be CRAZY over "how brutal" MMA is... or if Randy died in the hospital AFTER a fight.. but took some serious head shots.. people would be nuts about "old fighters" not fighting anymore..

When someone dies in the cage.. people will be up in arms.. even though there has been only 1 death "in relation" to sanctioned cage fighting in the US... and even that one was "questionable".. the guy had had several surgeries .. but some how was still licensed to fight.

But how many deaths a year in semi pro and pro boxing... football... or serious injuries like paralyzed,... WWE guys that do SERIOUS damage every year. People don't call for the shut down of those sports.. but when it happens... hopefully a VERY long time from now.. but WHEN it happens.... watch people jump on the anti-MMA train..
__________________
It is because you chose to get on the mat that makes you the winner. Think about how many people are not on that mat right now. - Luis Sucuri Togno

Last edited by Spiritwalker; 10-30-2009 at 01:42 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 10-30-2009, 03:13 AM
bj44's Avatar
bj44 bj44 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
Cause Forrest did more in his fight then kick. He threw a crap load of hand strikes, all be it a large % of those were feints to set up the leg kick. Did Rua do that, NO. I wont get into Forrest taking it to the ground, Rua not taking it to the ground.

I wont get into how he threw twice as many punches as Rampage did, and 20 times more kicks then Rampage did. 5 times more ground strikes then Rampage did.

ohhh ya and the poorest round performance in UFC history with a 10-7 or 10-8 what ev you want,
shogun also didnt get knocked on his ass and almost knocked out
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 10-30-2009, 07:38 AM
logrus
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
Forrest only landed 19% of his hand strikes
Rua Landed 32% of his

Forrest landed 52% of his leg strikes
Rua landed 70% oh his leg strikes

(all % numbers provided by compustrike)

Forrest also landed a lower % of his strikes than Rampage did when they fought. Also, the only time Forrest took that fight to the ground is when Rampage fell over after being kicked in the knee.
Cause Forrest used the hands to set up the kick and to keep Rampage at bay which is a smart tactic against the power Rampage brings.

alot more then the 3 total by rampage

Cause they were used to get in and get out keep rampage at a distance and work the kicks. It was a solid game plan.

knee is legal in your book, so null and void.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 10-30-2009, 07:39 AM
logrus
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger View Post
Shogun did more than kick also,
Machida had to get stitches on his face and has a broken rib.
An forrest sent Rampage over the edge to the loony bin lol or jail..
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 10-30-2009, 07:41 AM
logrus
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44 View Post
shogun also didnt get knocked on his ass and almost knocked out
Your right Forrest got knocked down, the fight should have ended. I mean no fighter ever recovers from that.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 10-30-2009, 03:38 PM
Max
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
knee is legal in your book, so null and void.
I was pointing out that Forrest did not take Rampage down, Rampage fell over so Forrest did not get a takedown like you said. I am fine with Forrest kicking Rampage in the knee to get him down though, but it is still not a takedown.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.