Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 10-29-2009, 10:30 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Default The Queen Entertains

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQeXz2KqKC0

I'd love to know what she said to the indian woman right at the start when she points her fingure

Notice please what she is wearing. Its the Traditional Attire that represents the Commonwealth. You often see the silver dress, and Blue sash when she is trying to convey the point of being Head Of State for what is left of the British Empire...the same is worn except with a dark and heavy blue cloak when she is Representing The Most Excellent Order of The British Empire

During her Speach she pays her condolences to recent terrorist attacks in India, and she talks about the long History of the two Nations, including the decendents of the people who were brought over as slaves...but she doesnt say it like that

She talks about Educational Exchanges at University Level. She tells of how the next commonwealth Games will be in India

I wonder if the Tiara she is wearing is representative of the Imperial Crown of India, that was bestowed upon her Mother

Bless her...then the Indian President gives a speach infront of Royalty in English She says how much she loves The City of London. She says in short, its good doing business with the English She then Presents the Queen with a Personal Face-to-Face invitation to The Commonwealth Games...which of course is guarenteed, but very nice of her to make it a public gesture of friendship also

"Your Majesty, We are Proud to be Part of The Commonwealth"
Old 10-29-2009, 11:49 PM
mscomc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQeXz2KqKC0

I'd love to know what she said to the indian woman right at the start when she points her fingure

Notice please what she is wearing. Its the Traditional Attire that represents the Commonwealth. You often see the silver dress, and Blue sash when she is trying to convey the point of being Head Of State for what is left of the British Empire...the same is worn except with a dark and heavy blue cloak when she is Representing The Most Excellent Order of The British Empire

During her Speach she pays her condolences to recent terrorist attacks in India, and she talks about the long History of the two Nations, including the decendents of the people who were brought over as slaves...but she doesnt say it like that
She talks about Educational Exchanges at University Level. She tells of how the next commonwealth Games will be in India

I wonder if the Tiara she is wearing is representative of the Imperial Crown of India, that was bestowed upon her Mother

Bless her...then the Indian President gives a speach infront of Royalty in English She says how much she loves The City of London. She says in short, its good doing business with the English She then Presents the Queen with a Personal Face-to-Face invitation to The Commonwealth Games...which of course is guarenteed, but very nice of her to make it a public gesture of friendship also

"Your Majesty, We are Proud to be Part of The Commonwealth"

Ha, i guess thats one way to look at it. I personally am of Indian decent, my family comes from Punjab region of India (like the prime minister of India does)...and although anecdotal, i know from the stories of my own relatives who lived through partition, and hearing stories of people who were old enough to live through partition, many indians still dislike and dare i say hate the british. Not only for enslaving them, but for not doing anything to stop the riots that ensued.....some of the stories ive heard are horrible.

Anyway, not an attack on you dave ..i mean i was born and raised in Canada, i love england. But after watching that video, it looks really fake to me.
Old 10-30-2009, 01:08 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscomc View Post
[/B]

Ha, i guess thats one way to look at it. I personally am of Indian decent, my family comes from Punjab region of India (like the prime minister of India does)...and although anecdotal, i know from the stories of my own relatives who lived through partition, and hearing stories of people who were old enough to live through partition, many indians still dislike and dare i say hate the british. Not only for enslaving them, but for not doing anything to stop the riots that ensued.....some of the stories ive heard are horrible.

Anyway, not an attack on you dave ..i mean i was born and raised in Canada, i love england. But after watching that video, it looks really fake to me.
Its always like that. Actually that was one of the better put together videos, mainly because I reckon the Playing of the National Anthems was actually live.

The Problem whenever the Queen Entertains people of the Commonwealth, or other Established Nations, is that these long traditions she speaks of, are basically past histories often involving warfare. You should have seen how uncomfortable it was when She had to host a bankquet for Sarkozy...The French President You should also have seen the way she began her speech in the US Embassy "When I was last here in 1776..."

I know that a lot of those Indians are NOT treated as well as she makes out. For example, when the Industrial Revolution took off, India, having been an extremely late addition to our Empire, really was called upon to provide workers for the Mills...of course the Industry eventually dried up...but not before these forced labourers (in a lot of cases) had established families of a few generations. Now take Bradford...its a dead industrial city TEAMING with Indians and the multicultural likes, most of who are Islamic, and most of who have been naturalized British for maybe 100 years or so now.

...and many people dislike it, saying they are persuing the Islamic Conquest of Europe, and saying how come there are so many of them...forgetting that we ASKED them to come over...and left them there when the industry dried up...so of course their descendants are now grouped enmass.

This is the tale of two women who are trying hard not to say the wrong thing if that makes sense...im sure what they are saying is true...but I aso know from three years experience at Bradford University...that they didnt say the half of it.