Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 10-26-2009, 04:58 PM
Black Mamba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
They need to reform the system to immediate death sentence.
My Mom and I said the same thing when I told her about this article. Out here in CA we have a guy that's been on death row for 25 years. He's had his time for appeals, and if the dude was innocent, we would have known by now.

My Mom and I say if you've been on death row longer then 5 years, your butt needs to get whacked. We have so many people on death row out here that it's sickening. I know politicians don't want to go down as the person who executed the most prisoners, but come on! The state is in a budget crisis! Instead of taking money away from the disabled and the college system, start executing people.
Old 10-26-2009, 06:45 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Mamba View Post
My Mom and I said the same thing when I told her about this article. Out here in CA we have a guy that's been on death row for 25 years. He's had his time for appeals, and if the dude was innocent, we would have known by now.

My Mom and I say if you've been on death row longer then 5 years, your butt needs to get whacked. We have so many people on death row out here that it's sickening. I know politicians don't want to go down as the person who executed the most prisoners, but come on! The state is in a budget crisis! Instead of taking money away from the disabled and the college system, start executing people.
I think they should ensure execution within 6 months of sentance. Thats enough time for an appeal. ONE, IMMEDIATE Appeal, bring in completely different judge and jury, run through the whole thing again, add in an new information...and if its the same conclusion...there really is no need to keep the criminal hanging about (if you pardon the pun )
Old 10-27-2009, 01:13 PM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
They need to reform the system to immediate death sentence.
Q F T

Mark Hughes for president!

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 10-27-2009, 01:45 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
Q F T

Mark Hughes for president!
Well, there is an obvious flaw in the system that allows people to stay on Death Row for years before being executed ... I am against the death penalty, but if they are going to have it, than at least have a good system ... if they fix the flaws so that people aren't dying while they wait to be executed, than i guess it could work ...
Old 10-27-2009, 02:05 PM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
Well, there is an obvious flaw in the system that allows people to stay on Death Row for years before being executed ... I am against the death penalty, but if they are going to have it, than at least have a good system ... if they fix the flaws so that people aren't dying while they wait to be executed, than i guess it could work ...
So are you voting for Mark Hughes?

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 10-27-2009, 04:20 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Mamba View Post

Exactly way too many people free loading off the system on death row. I do believe before we have a rapid death sentence that it has to be one of those cases with DNA involved, because lets face it in California we have people who are sitting in prison who are innocent. A few weeks ago a man was let out of prison who was innocent!!
Old 10-27-2009, 07:42 PM
atomdanger

The problem isn't the death penalty is it?
Bullets aren't that much.

The problem is how we do it, and letting them sit on death row, etc...