Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 10-26-2009, 12:25 PM
bradwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
I think Lyoto was actually far more exciting then usual. Credit where its due...he might have deserved to lose the fight, but I found it entertaining. Dumbass Dana doesnt realize it was the bum decision that the people were mainly boooing
i think Dana realizes that the people were booing the decision but he see's this as a chance for another pay day... in his eyes everything is always about the money.
Old 10-26-2009, 02:11 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldonado136 View Post
\

"I think theyre both going to come in and not make the same mistakes they made this first fight. Theyre going to come in and each one is going to try to win decisively.

Im pretty confident the rematch will be a different fight for both guys," said the UFC president. I guarantee the next fight is going to be much different.

I think that the second fight will be the fight we want to see," White added. I love this rematch. I think its a great rematch.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/...9859&zoneid=13

I heart Dana.
Old 10-26-2009, 02:16 PM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

Quote:
Shogun will probably lose the rematch because he's spent 25 mins showing Lyoto how he can be beaten and now Lyoto has time to prepare.

That was the performance of a lifetime from Rua, and rematch or not, it sux eggs.

I'd laugh if Lyoto goes and fails his post fight drugs test
That last line sounds petty and vindictive! To the best of my Knowledge there has been no evidence of Machida using drugs! But now that you don't agree with a decision that went his way you try to connect him with Drug use. VERY VERY petty and vindictive! If you want to accuse anybody of being on drugs accuse the Judges that you think blew it!
Old 10-26-2009, 02:21 PM
SupaDupaMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright View Post
i think Dana realizes that the people were booing the decision but he see's this as a chance for another pay day... in his eyes everything is always about the money.
No, he really thinks the fans are smarter than that and should be upset that 2 fighters of that caliber were in there giving it their all and neither could finish it. In the fifth round there should have been at least one of them windmilling in.

Old 10-26-2009, 02:22 PM
SupaDupaMod

Quote:
Shogun will probably lose the rematch because he's spent 25 mins showing Lyoto how he can be beaten and now Lyoto has time to prepare.

That was the performance of a lifetime from Rua, and rematch or not, it sux eggs.

I'd laugh if Lyoto goes and fails his post fight drugs test
Quote:
Originally Posted by KENTUCKYREDBONE View Post
That last line sounds petty and vindictive! To the best of my Knowledge there has been no evidence of Machida using drugs! But now that you don't agree with a decision that went his way you try to connect him with Drug use. VERY VERY petty and vindictive! If you want to accuse anybody of being on drugs accuse the Judges that you think blew it!
Yes, Dave. You suck.

Old 10-26-2009, 03:41 PM
pistol-pete

I thought it was a pretty boring fight. Everyone wants to see the stand up fights, but I am bored with constant leg kicks and kick attempts to the body. I think kicks are an important part of the MMA game, but outside of several lame takedown attempts from Rua, there was no ground game what so ever. The pace of this fight never changed.

If Machida wants to win the next fight all he has to do is take down Rua and pound out a victory. Easier said than done, but that fight I just watched, I don't want to see that type of fight again.

As for the decision, I could have easily given the first 3 rounds to Machida, I could have easily given them to Rua, so title holder keeps his belt.

Machida caught Rua a several more times with blows to the head, sure Rua countered with leg kicks or middle kicks, and Rogan blew his wad over the counters, but Machida was landing. I think strikes to the head are going to win fights more often than leg kicks which have little scoring value unless they are crippling fighters. Rua's kicks had an effect on Machida, but not once did Machida's knee buckle or did he lose his balance. No follow ups on the leg kicks either.
Old 10-26-2009, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistol-pete View Post
I thought it was a pretty boring fight. Everyone wants to see the stand up fights, but I am bored with constant leg kicks and kick attempts to the body. I think kicks are an important part of the MMA game, but outside of several lame takedown attempts from Rua, there was no ground game what so ever. The pace of this fight never changed.

If Machida wants to win the next fight all he has to do is take down Rua and pound out a victory. Easier said than done, but that fight I just watched, I don't want to see that type of fight again.

As for the decision, I could have easily given the first 3 rounds to Machida, I could have easily given them to Rua, so title holder keeps his belt.

Machida caught Rua a several more times with blows to the head, sure Rua countered with leg kicks or middle kicks, and Rogan blew his wad over the counters, but Machida was landing. I think strikes to the head are going to win fights more often than leg kicks which have little scoring value unless they are crippling fighters. Rua's kicks had an effect on Machida, but not once did Machida's knee buckle or did he lose his balance. No follow ups on the leg kicks either.
wtf shogun is better on the ground then lyoto which is the reason he didnt go for takedowns..... Hes had his black belt for longet and has showed way more impressive bjj in his career!!!!