Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 10-22-2009, 06:35 AM
donaldbreland

I was talking about how Obama took verses out of our Bible and discredited them in our Country. I am a Christian. I do not call myself anything other than that. I do my job to live by the Bible. However I am very new as I was Born Again on August 13th 2009. I do understand that we are full of sin but I believe we are not to just sit here and live our life like we can sin all we want because Jesus died on a cross to forgive us of our sins. We as Christians are to live life the best we can and by doing so we have try not and sin so much. Since I have became a Born Again Christian I have done my best to work on things about myself to make me a better person. This topic was about if he is a Christian. He stated that he was (Obama that is) and I showed proof that he wasn't. I speak only from sources. I will not speak on something I'm not sure of. Except the Bible because I am new. I will speak about and ask questions to people who know. Chuck I look up to you for your advice but quit defending a man who is of the same faith we are at war with. It is important in so many ways because look at what are country is about to face.
Old 10-22-2009, 06:37 AM
donaldbreland

I would never slip up and say that I am Muslim if I know I am a Christian. That's almost like me slipping up and saying I'm a black man when I'm white. Dude he said it. LOOK AT HIS NAME. When have you ever heard a Christian Named Barrack Hussein Obama. Come on.
Old 10-22-2009, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldbreland View Post
I would never slip up and say that I am Muslim if I know I am a Christian. That's almost like me slipping up and saying I'm a black man when I'm white. Dude he said it. LOOK AT HIS NAME. When have you ever heard a Christian Named Barrack Hussein Obama. Come on.
I know of a Christian called Afshin Ziafat, and he is someone with an islamic name but who is a Christian.
Old 10-22-2009, 06:58 AM

And the dude is awesome!

http://www.afshinziafat.com/about.php
Old 10-22-2009, 07:08 AM
Chuck

Quote:
I was talking about how Obama took verses out of our Bible and discredited them in our Country. I am a Christian. I do not call myself anything other than that. I do my job to live by the Bible. However I am very new as I was Born Again on August 13th 2009.
Praise God brother that's awesome!!!

I do understand that we are full of sin but I believe we are not to just sit here and live our life like we can sin all we want because Jesus died on a cross to forgive us of our sins. We as Christians are to live life the best we can and by doing so we have try not and sin so much.
I understand what you're saying here Donald but you're really missing the point.. We don't know Obama's heart. Maybe what we see IS him doing the best job he can? The same grace and compassion that Christ extended to you on August 13 you are called to extended to Obama.

Since I have became a Born Again Christian I have done my best to work on things about myself to make me a better person. This topic was about if he is a Christian. He stated that he was (Obama that is) and I showed proof that he wasn't.
Brother I love ya but you've done no such thing. You can't. The Bible is crystal clear on this issue. No man knows the condition of another mans heart. Only Christ has that right and only Christ has that ability. The very act of becoming a Christian is an act of faith... not an act of proof. How can you prove or disprove faith? We have the ability to judge the product of ones faith (fruit) but we can't discern the absence or presence of it. Think of faith like you would desire or commitment. Have you ever seen a fat person in a gym? You can look at them and judge how effective their exercise routine is (our walk with Christ), we can judge the results of their workout (fruit) but we can't see their heart. We don't know their level of commitment and we truly can't judge that based on what we see. I recently ran/walked a 5K. First off I am NOT a runner. I'm an eater It truly took all I had in me to finish that race. I thought I was going to meet Jesus that day I hurt so bad. Here is my point. If you take me and compare me to the winner you can tell a lot of things... you can tell who trained harder, you can tell who eats better and you could probably tell who knows the most about running. But you can't tell who tried harder. You can't tell who was more committed. You could definitely make some assumptions based on what you see, but you couldn't state it as fact. Because the contents of a man's heart can't be seen, measured or judged by another man.

I speak only from sources. I will not speak on something I'm not sure of.
I can absolutely promise you that you are NOT sure of the condition of Obama's heart or his salvation.

Except the Bible because I am new. I will speak about and ask questions to people who know. Chuck I look up to you for your advice
I appreciate that Donald but if you look to me for advice then I encourage you to take a step back and consider the advice I'm trying to give you brother.

but quit defending a man who is of the same faith we are at war with.
I'm not defending Obama trust me. I can't stand the man. I think he's the most inexperienced and unqualified President in my lifetime and possibly ever. I'm extremely nervous about the country my 4 children are going to be growing up in especially when you look at Obama's position on Israel. It's YOU I'm concerned about Donald. Every believer on this board has been where you are right now. I look at your posts and see the passion you have for our country, the love you have for your children and the same fear for their future I have for mine. But don't go down the path of questioning another persons faith especially one who has professed to be a Christian. It's not your job, duty or responsibility. At this new stage in your faith pour your passion and your fervor into YOUR faith. Pour it into God's word. Pour it into prayer, including prayer for our President. We can all agree he needs it. Either for Salvation as some of you believe or maybe just for true and complete surrender to Christ. Either way he needs it.

It is important in so many ways because look at what are country is about to face.
Donald my responses are above. I enjoy our dialogue my friend but it's 2am in Florida and I need some sleep!! Until we chat again!!
Old 10-22-2009, 07:15 AM
Chuck

Quote:
In the verbage of the mighty Facebook.......

Dislike.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:18 AM
donaldbreland

Sometimes Chuck I get a little bent out of shape. I guess that comes from years of not knowing how to place my anger properly. I agree with you and will say I am wrong about not knowing his heart. Matter of fact my Bible tells me to forgive and I am with you on I believe God is doing this. I believe God wants to see how much we actually do trust and Obey his decision ( Gods that is). I admire your thought and your words and will do my best to quit ranting on Obama and instead start praying for him to do the right thing. God Bless you brother. Thanks
Old 10-22-2009, 12:54 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
I think you are wrong. Our works is the only thing we are taking to heaven.

Rev. 20: 12 and 13
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God,[a] and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works.
It mentions "Books" which I presume are the lists of works, and the Book of Life. The Heathen are judged by their Works...but My name isnt in any of those books. My name is in The Book of Life. We may still have to face what we did in terms of works...but our works, or lack thereof wont condemn us to Hell.

"We brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out" Thats a quote from one of Peters Books...either that or The book of Job, I forget which one LOL. Its often used as part of the Christian Funeral Sentances.

So what your quote does above, simply says, in short, judge those people who are not contained in the book of Life. If you are a Christian your name will be in the Book of Life, its a big list containing the names of those who have entered into a personal relationship with GOD by their own free will and have claimed their free gift of salvation.

Incidently...Works without Faith is shyte...plenty of Heathen do better works then many Christians...it wont save them. Face it Mark, going to Heaven has nothing to do with works at all

Last edited by Tyburn; 10-22-2009 at 01:23 PM.
Old 10-22-2009, 01:08 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

and here are those Funerial Sentances in action they are an amalgamation of scripture, plus a verse from the Book of Common Prayer...I dont see no mention of works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKNmlXXvl0c

I want them sung at mine

The close is also a passage from Revelations which clearly show Christians are not condemned regardless of works. Works are about Earth. They are possibly about earning rewards in Heaven if thats what motivates you. But I personally have no desperate need to be rewarded at all in Heaven, just being their with GOD is quite sufficient for me...and besides...you dont know what works equate to what crowns GOD may give you in the Spiritual Realm. So I think that we must be VERY careful when we assume holding a Christian to a higher Standard then anyone else....nevermind that the Standards are just figments of OUR opinion. GOD has told you his Standard...You really going to judge Obama on that?? Perfection? No, I think not Mark, I think not

"I heard a voice from Heaven, saying unto me, write, from henceforth, blessed are they which die in The Lord, even so saith the Spirit, for they rest from their labours"

Last edited by Tyburn; 10-22-2009 at 01:18 PM.
Old 10-22-2009, 02:51 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
It mentions "Books" which I presume are the lists of works, and the Book of Life. The Heathen are judged by their Works...but My name isnt in any of those books. My name is in The Book of Life. We may still have to face what we did in terms of works...but our works, or lack thereof wont condemn us to Hell.
Why would the heathen be judged? Are they going to burn a little? Or burn a lot based on their works?

Sorry. But I do want to know what you believe on that, Dave.