Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 10-22-2009, 12:07 AM
donaldbreland
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I must admit I started off messing around with y'all on the Royce Gracie deal but however if you really think Forest fought with every thing he had in that fight then you are mistaken. Forest did not fight in that fight. I don't want to hear about how good Anderson is either. I may have been blind in the Forest fight and I have watched it a few times over to see if I was just prejudice towards Forest because I really hate A. Silva as fighter. I do like him as a person though.
I was told by someone on here that I'm not allowed to say a fight was fixed so unless I have evidence out of the ying yang I will not say that. What I will say though is this. I see Forest in some pretty bloody wars over the last couple years. He took everything from Shogun, Rampage, Tito and twice from Bonner. I don't think Anderson could beat Rampage or Shogun nor do I think he can hit as hard as either of the two. I just don't see how Forest went down like he did with a punch that just looked weak. I don't ever see Forest just giving up in a fight and that's just what he did in that fight. I have never seen that referee before either. I also can't believe that Forest would just run out the cage and wouldn't speak for days. Does it take rain falling on your head for you to actually believe it's raining even when you see it falling down in a puddle outside.
There is a few things I want to point out and please prove me wrong if I am.
I am new to this sport. I have only been watching now for 7 years but I haven't missed a ppv in 3 years.
In A. Silvas previous three fights before Forest A.S looked horrible. He needed a big when because people were actually doubting his stay in the UFC and people were starting to say he isn't exciting anymore. What Anderson needed was a win against a former Light Heavy Weight champion to prove he is still a dominating fighter. So the UFC fed him Forest. Forest being an exciting fighter that wasn't scared to fight anyone was scared to fight. Prior to the Forest fight he was a role model to young kids who wanted to be an mma fighter. After the fight he made a comment stating how he didn't want to be a role model and that kids need to look up to someone else.
I don't know but that fight still bothers me for some reason. I mean don't say fights aren't fixed because look what Sean Salmon did. I'm not even saying if the fight was fixed that Anderson knew anything about it. Please go back and watch the fight and look at Andersons facial expressions during the fight. He really wanted to be in there and wanted to fight but Forest didn't. That's not Forests nature and thats not what made him a UFC fighter.

This is the video please watch. A couple people also think the fight was fixed. Again I'm not saying it was but isn't it weird.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Srs-bpT3pkI
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-22-2009, 04:12 AM
Josh
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post


I had forgot that he had that supa-move! I think Royce might take him.
Sure seemed to work for him in the earl days though. So funny how MMA is. I remember I thought he was unbeatable like Fedor or Anderson and he just looked so good because everyone else was so bad. I wonder if we will ever look back and say Anderson was an OK striker or Maia had Decent JJ? Maybe some day the HW division will be full of athletes like Brock with skills like Fedor. Such a cool sport.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 10-22-2009, 06:08 AM
Max
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldbreland View Post
I must admit I started off messing around with y'all on the Royce Gracie deal but however if you really think Forest fought with every thing he had in that fight then you are mistaken. Forest did not fight in that fight. I don't want to hear about how good Anderson is either. I may have been blind in the Forest fight and I have watched it a few times over to see if I was just prejudice towards Forest because I really hate A. Silva as fighter. I do like him as a person though.
I was told by someone on here that I'm not allowed to say a fight was fixed so unless I have evidence out of the ying yang I will not say that. What I will say though is this. I see Forest in some pretty bloody wars over the last couple years. He took everything from Shogun, Rampage, Tito and twice from Bonner. I don't think Anderson could beat Rampage or Shogun nor do I think he can hit as hard as either of the two. I just don't see how Forest went down like he did with a punch that just looked weak. I don't ever see Forest just giving up in a fight and that's just what he did in that fight. I have never seen that referee before either. I also can't believe that Forest would just run out the cage and wouldn't speak for days. Does it take rain falling on your head for you to actually believe it's raining even when you see it falling down in a puddle outside.
There is a few things I want to point out and please prove me wrong if I am.
I am new to this sport. I have only been watching now for 7 years but I haven't missed a ppv in 3 years.
In A. Silvas previous three fights before Forest A.S looked horrible. He needed a big when because people were actually doubting his stay in the UFC and people were starting to say he isn't exciting anymore. What Anderson needed was a win against a former Light Heavy Weight champion to prove he is still a dominating fighter. So the UFC fed him Forest. Forest being an exciting fighter that wasn't scared to fight anyone was scared to fight. Prior to the Forest fight he was a role model to young kids who wanted to be an mma fighter. After the fight he made a comment stating how he didn't want to be a role model and that kids need to look up to someone else.
I don't know but that fight still bothers me for some reason. I mean don't say fights aren't fixed because look what Sean Salmon did. I'm not even saying if the fight was fixed that Anderson knew anything about it. Please go back and watch the fight and look at Andersons facial expressions during the fight. He really wanted to be in there and wanted to fight but Forest didn't. That's not Forests nature and thats not what made him a UFC fighter.

This is the video please watch. A couple people also think the fight was fixed. Again I'm not saying it was but isn't it weird.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Srs-bpT3pkI
Im not sure how good of a chin Forrest has. He has been rocked or TKOed in his last 3 fights and was TKOed by Jardine (he may have been rocked in other fights I just cant remember). You said it was strange how Forrest reacted after the fight but he acted the same way after he got TKOed by Jardine. All I see in that fight was a rocked fighter moving into a jab (the moving into the jab part is something a lot of people forget. Forrest's momentum as he moved into the jab means it hit with more force than it looked) and it being the final nail in the coffin. You can never tell how much damage a punch does just by watching it on TV. Just look at the Chuck vs Vernon White fight. That ****ty little jab that Chuck hits White with damages his eye socket (if I remember correctly).

Also Silva had 2 "boring" fights not 3 and in both of those fights his opponents chose to never exchange with him. He was not given Forrest because he needed to beat a former champ as you say, he was given Forrest because the UFC knew that Forrest would come to fight which would mean that it would be an exciting fight and not 15 mins of someone scared to get hit by Silva.

Also, you have no clue how hard Silva hits. Marquardt had never been TKOed before he fought Silva, Leben had never been KOed before he fought Silva, and he KOed Irvin with one punch.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 10-22-2009, 07:10 AM
donaldbreland
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Your right I dont know how hard he hits but I am willing to bet he don't hit any harder than Rampage.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 10-22-2009, 11:26 AM
Buc Nasty
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Maybe not but he's more accurate and landed multiple clean shots, Rampage landed one clean shot and floored Forrest. Forrest was already hurt before the final knockdown, the left that put him down the second time did the most damage. Just accept it.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 10-22-2009, 11:28 AM
Buc Nasty
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldbreland View Post
I really hate A. Silva as fighter. I do like him as a person though.


What do you hate about him as a fighter?
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 10-22-2009, 05:01 PM
donaldbreland
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I don't know why buc nasty but I have always rooted for the underdog.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 10-22-2009, 05:44 PM
Llamafighter's Avatar
Llamafighter Llamafighter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Astoria, New York
Posts: 4,982
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldbreland View Post
Your right I dont know how hard he hits but I am willing to bet he don't hit any harder than Rampage.
I'll take that bet. Will you be taking the punches from each guy to be the judge?
__________________
"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear."
-Mark Twain

[
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 10-22-2009, 07:20 PM
donaldbreland
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

under one condition. It has to be filmed live on t.v and we have to give a 2 month notice. I have to make money out of this somehow lol.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 10-22-2009, 07:53 PM
atomdanger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
royce didn't fight in the sport of mma as it is today .... he would lose under today's rules because they have been adapted to favour strikers and have more action ... royce's game plan was to take you down and hold you in his guard, not take any damage, loosen you up with kidney strikes and then submit you ... he was able to beat bigger guys this way ... granted, they were all one dimensional fighters (some couldn't even be considered athletes) ... but nowadays, even if he had someone in his guard, it would be stood up due to inactivity ... royce didn't have to train striking because in his world he doesn't need to strike .. the UFC of the early days was created by the gracies to promote the gracies and bjj and they did an amazing job of it ... but to compare the two eras is irrelevant and you will never know anyway ..

The only logical post in this thread.

Gracie Jiu Jitsu was not built for a "sport"
Helio Gracie even went as far as to call "BJJ" Anti Jiu Jitsu.
(once BJJ became the big sport it is today)
The system of fighting wasn't set up for time limits, any actual reffing, stand ups, etc...
It certainly wasn't built for a sport with gloves,
where a strike can hit much harder and not worry about his hands.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.