Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 10-19-2009, 04:02 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Ok Donald, I already posted this earlier, but here it is again....

NFL records for Mcnabb
Most consecutive pass completions, 24; vs New York Giants, Nov. 28, 2004; vs Green Bay Packers, Dec. 5, 2004

Least-intercepted quarterback per pass attempt of all time
, (4303 attempts-90 interceptions, 2.09%)

Third-best touchdown-to-interception ratio of all time
, (194-90, 2.16) behind Steve Young (232-107, 2.17) and Tom Brady (197-86, 2.29)

One of six quarterbacks of all time to have over 25,000 passing yards and 3,000 rushing yards
(alongside Randall Cunningham, Steve Young, Fran Tarkenton, Steve McNair, and John Elway)

Currently the third-highest winning percentage among active quarterbacks (83-45-1, .647) behind Peyton Manning (119-59-0, .669) and Tom Brady (88-25-0, .779)

Three of those records that I put in bold are perfect examples of Mcnabb stacking up against ALL TIME records. The proof is in the pudding, the guy is a good QB. So what if he was ranked 15th last season? The Eagles went to the NFC Championship last season, and they would not have done it without him.

The reason Leinart got such a push is because the Cardinals felt like they were lucky to get him when they drafted him. Nobody thought he would be around when the 10th pick came up. So the Cards jumped on it and Dennis Green made the mistake of pushing him too soon. Rookie QB's don't learn from Veterans during training camps and practices. They learn by sitting on the bench and watching how it's done. Steve Young did it for Joe Montana, Aaron Rodgers had to do it for Bret Favre, and now Leinart is doing it for Warner. I still have faith in Leinart that he can be good if he keeps working hard the next couple years until Kurt retires.

I completely agree that liberals are playing the race card way too much against conservatives, but that is only because it's an easy stereotype to lump white conservatives into. It's not even worth it to try and argue with people who do that because they are just speaking blindly or trying to use shock value to tear down their opposition. In today's society, people who fail to gain the intellectual high ground in a debate will ultimately try to find another way to discredit their opposition. Using terms like "racist" or "Nazi" have a very distinct negative connotation to them that immediately has an effect. Unlike deep, intellectually sound, and well formulated opinions which require ACTUAL THOUGHT, calling someone a racist or nazi just cuts right to the chase and expresses the person's TRUE feeling (which is generally, I don't like you, or your stupid opinion )

Here is one of the founding fathers of the race card....
Old 10-19-2009, 04:53 AM
donaldbreland

JB I don't even know how I missed the stats from earlier but they are decent numbers. I still think Rush was not given a fair shot at owning a football team though.
Old 10-19-2009, 05:25 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldbreland View Post
JB I don't even know how I missed the stats from earlier but they are decent numbers. I still think Rush was not given a fair shot at owning a football team though.
Oh, I totally agree that Rush did not get treated fairly, and it's not right, but it's pretty much just how it works with political celebrities. They get attacked constantly by their opponents and a lot of times it messes up their lives.

Personally, I have no problem with Rush Limbaugh, the man, being an NFL owner. I just think that Rush Limbaugh, the giant political celebrity, might draw some unwanted negative attention to a team.
Old 10-19-2009, 03:31 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Of course, the Raiders suck too so I don't feel so bad...

bwahaaahaahaaa
Har har, you're soooooooooo hilarious.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:11 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

I just read this article today on Yahoo Sports, and the writer Jason Cole had some really interesting points on the whole Rush/Mcnabb saga from 03. I know this is a dead issue, but I just thought I would throw this up here.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns

This is the part that about the Mcnabb drama
Quote:
Here’s the rub: When Limbaugh injected race into the evaluation of the media and McNabb, did he actually talk to any sports reporters or research their writing to gauge how they were evaluating McNabb? Over the weekend, 17 long-time NFL reporters (including Peter King of Sports Illustrated, Jarrett Bell of USA Today and Armando Salguero of The Miami Herald) were asked if they had ever been contacted by Limbaugh or a representative of Limbaugh regarding McNabb. Further, they were asked if they knew any sports writers who had been contacted by Limbaugh or one of his reps regarding McNabb.

All 17 said “no” and “no”.

So apparently, Limbaugh made an assumption based on no research about sports writers and how we think. (Note: An email was sent to Limbaugh on Monday asking several questions about this subject. As of publication, Limbaugh had yet to respond).

The fact is that through McNabb’s first four seasons (he was drafted in 1999 and Limbaugh made the comment early in the 2003 season), his statistics and accomplishments were on par with current Hall of Famers Joe Montana, Troy Aikman and John Elway, and future Hall of Famer Brett Favre(notes). In fact, he had a better touchdown pass-to-interception ratio (71-38) than all four of those quarterbacks through their first four years (Favre was 70-53, Montana 52-32, Aikman 54-60 and Elway 66-65).

As for team accomplishments, McNabb led the Eagles to the consecutive NFC championship games following the 2001 and ’02 seasons. Of the four aforementioned fellow quarterbacks, only Montana had won a Super Bowl during that stage of his career.

In terms of race, while it’s hard for anyone to ignore another person’s skin color, that doesn’t mean that we all fall into some social trap of judging someone based on that fact. For instance, I can confidently say that I consider McNabb one of the top five or six quarterbacks in the game today. By contrast, I can also confidently say that I think Vince Young(notes) will never make it as a quarterback in the NFL.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:53 PM
Max

Ok first off, McNabb's QB rating as of today is 93.8 which has him tied for 11th.

second, its up to the NFL if they want Rush in or not. A lot of the owners in the NFL are republicans so its not like it the Dems trying to keep Rush out (even though that is what Rush wants to make it out to be).