Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 10-20-2009, 07:22 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Default The Blueprint: Machida vs. Shogun

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=news.detail&gid=23114

The Blueprint: Machida vs. Shogun

By Michael DiSanto

Perfect.

The Merriam Webster Dictionary has multiple definitions for that adjective. Maybe the simplest way to define it is with two words: Lyoto Machida.

15-0 as a professional.

7-0 in the UFC. 1-0 in title fights.

Those numbers are certainly impressive, but they pale in comparison with Machidaís most remarkable fighting accomplishment. In 17 rounds of UFC competition, the reigning UFC Light Heavyweight Champion has yet to lose a single round.

Think about that for a moment. Machida hasnít lost a single round in any of his fights. That qualifies as insane.

To put Machidaís streak of flawlessness into perspective, Anderson Silva, the sportís universally recognized pound-for-pound king, had three losses on his record through his first 15 professional fights. And while he is undefeated in the UFC, just like Machida, he has not won all 18 of his rounds of Octagon competition.

Enough said!!!!
Old 10-20-2009, 07:22 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

My take.. Machida in the 3rd via TKO/KO.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:06 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

What blueprint? Shogun is going to look like roadkill after facing Machida. He might even pee his pants during the stare down.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:20 PM
Crisco

Machida by UD.

He's been beating too many people he is due for a decision and Shogun is a solid fighter it wont be so easy to knock him out.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:56 PM
eric84

While I think he is a great fighter, I'm not going to put him on the pedestal most people are until he defends his title against some great fighters. His wins in the LHW division haven't been against good enough competition or dominate enough to think he is unbeatable. If prime shogun shows up I think we will have a great fight, if not, TKO first round.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:14 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=news.detail&gid=23114

The Blueprint: Machida vs. Shogun

By Michael DiSanto

Perfect.

The Merriam Webster Dictionary has multiple definitions for that adjective. Maybe the simplest way to define it is with two words: Lyoto Machida.

15-0 as a professional.

7-0 in the UFC. 1-0 in title fights.

Those numbers are certainly impressive, but they pale in comparison with Machidaís most remarkable fighting accomplishment. In 17 rounds of UFC competition, the reigning UFC Light Heavyweight Champion has yet to lose a single round.

Think about that for a moment. Machida hasnít lost a single round in any of his fights. That qualifies as insane.

To put Machidaís streak of flawlessness into perspective, Anderson Silva, the sportís universally recognized pound-for-pound king, had three losses on his record through his first 15 professional fights. And while he is undefeated in the UFC, just like Machida, he has not won all 18 of his rounds of Octagon competition.

Enough said!!!!
Noone is perfect.

One day he will lose. I pray it doesnt distory him. How can you be a true warrior if you have never failed, or never had a set back, never learned from a mistake...and when it happens, if your not used to it, the longer before it happens...the worst it will be.

I doubt he'll lose to Rua...but it will eventually happen...this kinda stupid propagander makes me cringe
Old 10-20-2009, 10:17 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Noone is perfect.

One day he will lose. I pray it doesnt distory him. How can you be a true warrior if you have never failed, or never had a set back, never learned from a mistake...and when it happens, if your not used to it, the longer before it happens...the worst it will be.

I doubt he'll lose to Rua...but it will eventually happen...this kinda stupid propagander makes me cringe
Alexander never lost either.

I won't be shocked if he lost or if he goes his career without losing. He has a perfect style to not lose.
Old 10-20-2009, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Noone is perfect.

I'm sure Machida has had many setbacks and failures that make him a true warrior. He just hasn't had one in the Octagon!
Old 10-20-2009, 11:49 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco View Post
Alexander never lost either.

I won't be shocked if he lost or if he goes his career without losing. He has a perfect style to not lose.
if he were perfect, he'd never have suffered comments that he is infact...or was, boring to watch.
Old 10-20-2009, 11:52 PM

I dont see machida knocking shogun out he was never known for ko power before the rashad fight.... I think shogun matches up well with him and hes never been koed and has a great chin....with that said Machida by decision