Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > Announcements > Introductions

Old 10-15-2009, 10:27 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoots like a girl View Post
What part of Indiana? Im just over the Illinois/Indiana state line. Trains are very common here but sadly, Ive never ridden one!
Youve never been in a train

Well I think I know where you mean....I went up across the very top of the state and directly into Chicago...then later...I went back again, out of chicago...and across the top under Michigan and into Ohio, then sorta along the top of that to Pensylvania, and then sorta diagonally through that state down and dipping into west Virginia and hovering near their through Maryland all the way to Washington DC

I also took a train from Washington DC to Richmond Virginia and back, and a Train from Chicago to Galesburg, and a Train from Saint Louis Missouri to Chicago...

that was the American trains...I had to board three trains one way in England.

A total of 16 trains....four of which were metro trains in Washington DC to and from the hotel, and to and from hotel to station

But...I also had to fly...thats three planes...one way...so thats 6 planes

I also did coaches, two in the US and one in England, thats three...and then taxis I got one to the station in england, one to the hotel in richmond, one to CSC in richmond one to the hotel in iowa, one returned journey from MFS, one back to the station in Moline from the hotel...the use of Bens car thrice, and aarons car once, taxi to and from hit squad gym

So...it took me four cars, Eight taxis, Three Coaches, Six Planes and 16 trains to do what I did, in 3 diferent countries, nine different states and a district for 19 days at five different hotels

not...that you wanted to know that...OOOO I was also passing through Ohio at exactly the same time Rich Franklin got Tko'd in Nevada...course he wasnt in Ohio at the time...and it was the middle of the night so I couldnt see a thing...I havent told him yet...I've been avoiding him because he's gone all quiet since the loss...
Old 10-16-2009, 02:01 PM
Shoots like a girl

Wow, thats quite a trip! England huh? Its on the top of my list of places I would like to go! Scottland and Ireland are also on that list! I spent 2 weeks in Mexico when I was a teenager but havent ventured very far from home since then. My family was never much for taking trips or even going on vacation and now my little family has fallen into that same pattern. Im gonna have to do something about that! I think the first thing we will do is take a train ride! You have given me some motivation my new friend!
Old 10-16-2009, 02:58 PM
billwilliams70

Welcome to the board!

Later.
Old 10-16-2009, 03:02 PM
Shoots like a girl

Thanks Bill!

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwilliams70 View Post
Welcome to the board!

Later.
Old 10-16-2009, 04:43 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Wow, thats quite a trip! England huh? Its on the top of my list of places I would like to go! Scottland and Ireland are also on that list! I spent 2 weeks in Mexico when I was a teenager but havent ventured very far from home since then. My family was never much for taking trips or even going on vacation and now my little family has fallen into that same pattern. Im gonna have to do something about that! I think the first thing we will do is take a train ride! You have given me some motivation my new friend!
trains are fun...and Amtrak is really fun. I sat in the observation deck most of the time
Old 10-16-2009, 04:48 PM
Shoots like a girl

Thats awesome, my little guy is 5 and he loves trains, I definately have to take him for a train ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
trains are fun...and Amtrak is really fun. I sat in the observation deck most of the time
Old 10-16-2009, 05:29 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Thats awesome, my little guy is 5 and he loves trains, I definately have to take him for a train ride!
I did discover that the one thing lacking in America which I consider essential, is a good public transport system. Within the cities one has a reduced metro-system, both Washington DC and Chicago could do with an extention. Where is the bus service? you have coaches for city to city travel...but what about getting around town.

You train system from what I have seen is adequet...unless you want to go to Wyoming... ...but your trains are really nice! there is leg room, people are put on the car which is associated with the specific disembarkment station, and once tickets have been collected, you can go to the fabulous observation deck...and thats wonderful...a brilliant touch...also a lot of your trains are double deckers...and thats VERY clever and handy...I liked that indeed....also they were GREAT value for money...absolutely awesome value in that respect...even long distance...overnight they effectively are providing accomodation...and VERY cheap...now granted I went coach class...but that will always do for me I think...and so far as I know you can upgrade enroute if you wish.

All the trains ran on time, they need more space on the stations in the large cities because of the luggage carriers, there isnt much space...but thats nothing really...I love Amtrak...
Old 10-16-2009, 05:40 PM
Shoots like a girl

Im sooo happy that you enjoyed them, now I REALLY want to ride a train. The extent of my train experience is being stuck in traffic because I had to wait for one! AHAHA! That happens alot around here.
Old 10-16-2009, 05:48 PM
County Mike

I'm taking the auto-train from Virginia to Florida in a couple weeks. The deal is, I drive to Virginia (about 3 hours I think). They load my truck onto the train along with my wife and my mom. We ride the train for 17 hours and arrive in Florida. I drive my truck another 2 hours to Sarasota. Cost is about the same as a flight for all three of us but I save on a car rental for the two weeks we're there. I also get to bring along a lot more luggage (golf clubs, etc.).

I've never ridden a train for such a long time. I hope it's good.
Old 10-16-2009, 05:51 PM
Shoots like a girl

Wow, that does sound like the better deal Mike! I hate not having a vehicle so thats the way to go and you dont have to drive all that way! I would think a train ride would be enjoyable! It would think it to be soothing. I would probably sleep the whole way!