Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Training/Nutrition

Old 10-16-2009, 03:33 PM
Shoots like a girl

BTW, Amy~ Hats off to you and what you do. I was an EMT for a year and loved it. Graduated top of my class and was really good at what I did, loved my job and enrolled in paramedic classes. Then I picked up my first kid and realized I just couldnt do that job. Have all the respect in the world for those of you in health care taking care of others! Thank you for all your help the last couple of days. Oh, and I ate an orange with my coffee this morning! LOL
Old 10-16-2009, 03:37 PM
County Mike

Simple push-ups, squats, pull-ups and sit-ups are great and require almost no equipment. If you can't do a regular push up yet, put your hands against the wall and start with those. Keep working your way lower as you get stronger. For pull-ups, you'll have to find a bar but something low to the ground will allow you to lay under it and pull your upper body off the ground. That's easier than a regular pull up as you build your strength.

Nobody needs a gym membership to work out. The equipment can be helpful and the atmosphere is usually good for working out, but it's not required. There's always a way to workout. A pair of resistance bands offers a lot of options as well and won't take up much space.
Old 10-16-2009, 03:55 PM
Shoots like a girl

Thinkin about takin up a lil dancin too! hehe, I figure if Chuck can do it so can I right?