Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 10-11-2009, 06:21 PM
Black Mamba

Default Nobel Prize Should Go 2 Nuclear Weapons

http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/2009101...08599192955300

I 1,000% agree with this article, especially at the end. I don't think we should be lowering our nuclear stockpile, especially with a nuclear Iran. Now mind you I didn't say increase either, but we should be maintaining our pile.

And frankly, this is going sound mega extreme, but I believe the fastest way to end the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq is to just nuclear bomb the place. Bye bye Al Quida (sp?), Osama Bin Laden, and any other Muslim extremists. Whether people want to believe it or not, we've been at war with these Muslim extremists for decades. They value death. They look at the US like we're pansies! Everyday if they (Muslim extremists) can kill at least one person of the opposition then that makes their day. You know you are dealing with crazies when they blow themselves up for their cause.

I'm not sure the price of what it costs to build and maintain nuclear weapons, but I'm sure it beats the price of war. We entered a war that's going to last well beyond Osama Bin Laden. He's not immortal, he's going to have successors in the Middle East and even in our own backyard.
Old 10-11-2009, 06:41 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Awesome article! I've said the same thing, the only way to truly create peace is to eradicate Muslim extremists. THEY are the main aggressors on this planet. Unfortunately, we have a President voted in by a bunch of tree huggers who is trying to make the rest of us into a bunch of wimpy tree hugging pussies.
Old 10-11-2009, 06:55 PM
Black Mamba

I never understood why Obama wants to eradicate the world of nuclear weapons. Just like that article mentioned, a world without nuclear weapons sounds scarier then one with it.

There are other deadlier means of killing a mass population. I'm more afraid of chemical and biological weapons to be honest. That stuff is much more portable, cheaper, and easier to make. Look at how easy it was to mail anthrax. Eventually, Muslim extremists are going to get smarter and attack with chemical or biological means. Is another 9/11 on the horizon? I think so. But I also think, these Muslim extremists are going to get smarter and use a biological attack on the US. If they really wanted a big bang, go after our water sources. The Super Bowl has more protection than our water sources and nuclear power plants. You got a no-fly zone around the stadium, but 9/11 terrorists could have easily rammed a plane into New York's power plant. Go figure.
Old 10-11-2009, 07:55 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Mamba View Post
I never understood why Obama wants to eradicate the world of nuclear weapons. Just like that article mentioned, a world without nuclear weapons sounds scarier then one with it.

There are other deadlier means of killing a mass population. I'm more afraid of chemical and biological weapons to be honest. That stuff is much more portable, cheaper, and easier to make. Look at how easy it was to mail anthrax. Eventually, Muslim extremists are going to get smarter and attack with chemical or biological means. Is another 9/11 on the horizon? I think so. But I also think, these Muslim extremists are going to get smarter and use a biological attack on the US. If they really wanted a big bang, go after our water sources. The Super Bowl has more protection than our water sources and nuclear power plants. You got a no-fly zone around the stadium, but 9/11 terrorists could have easily rammed a plane into New York's power plant. Go figure.
Which probably would have been more crippling to the economy as this would have taken a huge toll on numerous resources, including a virtual shutdown of the economy for weeks on end.
Old 10-12-2009, 07:57 PM
eric84

http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/2009101...08599192955300

I agree with alot of points the article makes, but then I read what you posted.

Quote:
And frankly, this is going sound mega extreme, but I believe the fastest way to end the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq is to just nuclear bomb the place. Bye bye Al Quida (sp?), Osama Bin Laden, and any other Muslim extremists. Whether people want to believe it or not, we've been at war with these Muslim extremists for decades. They value death. They look at the US like we're pansies! Everyday if they (Muslim extremists) can kill at least one person of the opposition then that makes their day. You know you are dealing with crazies when they blow themselves up for their cause.
So I guess since there is a lot of murderers in new york we should just nuke that place too right? I'm not trying to be a jerk, but your comment is so ridiculous and shows your lack of caring. Just because the people in those countries don't look, act, dress, talk or think like us, doesn't make them horrible people. It's called extremest, the people in their society that take it to an extreme, which would imply that it isn't everybody. I sincerely hope you were kidding because if not, I will pray for your soul.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:46 AM
Black Mamba

You're right. My post does show a lack of caring. I deeply and humbly apologize for offending you. Maybe next time I'll post a warning: Not for the faint at heart.

I never said I didn't have any compassion for the civilians. So don't assume that please. A good friend of mine happens to be from Pakistan. Yes, it a shame that a few thousands of individuals make a population look bad. But, history proves otherwise. We are fighting an enemy that will not give up at all costs. The enemy has proven time and time again they will do anything.

If 9/11 took place back when Pearl Harbor got bombed, do you think the government would have took it easy? Heck no. The bombings of Hiroshima and Nagaski proved that. As a matter of fact, the US was ready to bomb Japan again with a third nuclear bomb if they didn't comply. If 9/11 happened back then, it would have been World War 3. And not to stray off topic too much, I blame Clinton for being too soft on Al Quida. We had Bin Laden in our hands! And he went soft.

I know you don't agree with me. Fine, I don't have an issue with that. My views are extreme, and I don't deny that. However I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Oh and I do appreicate the prayers. Thank you and have a nice day.
Old 10-13-2009, 03:09 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
You're right. My post does show a lack of caring. I deeply and humbly apologize for offending you. Maybe next time I'll post a warning: Not for the faint at heart.

I never said I didn't have any compassion for the civilians. So don't assume that please. A good friend of mine happens to be from Pakistan. Yes, it a shame that a few thousands of individuals make a population look bad. But, history proves otherwise. We are fighting an enemy that will not give up at all costs. The enemy has proven time and time again they will do anything.

If 9/11 took place back when Pearl Harbor got bombed, do you think the government would have took it easy? Heck no. The bombings of Hiroshima and Nagaski proved that. As a matter of fact, the US was ready to bomb Japan again with a third nuclear bomb if they didn't comply. If 9/11 happened back then, it would have been World War 3. And not to stray off topic too much, I blame Clinton for being too soft on Al Quida. We had Bin Laden in our hands! And he went soft.

I know you don't agree with me. Fine, I don't have an issue with that. My views are extreme, and I don't deny that. However I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way.

don't know if you heard, but Clinton never goes soft ..

as for your post blindly bombing afganistan or iraq isn't going to solve the problem and will probably end up being worse .. there are many other nations who breed terrorists ... like saudi arabia (where i think bin laden is actually from), jordan, egypt .. so why not bomb those places .. you would take out about a billion people and you know what? you probably still would have a problem .. then if other countries saw the US doing this, they would feel that it was ok .. so south korea could nuke nk, and heck, northern ireland would say, let's bomb ireland and get rid of those catholics .. all that bombing and you would still have terrorists ... what about the people that are already here in north america? do you then bomb all mosques? what about people like timothy mcveigh? he was a terrorist? .. i guess you can see where i am getting at .. dropping a bomb doesn't simply solve a problem and probably ends up starting more problems ..
Old 10-13-2009, 03:50 PM
eric84

Quote:

I'm about as far from faint of heart as you can get.... I apologize for assuming, but what can you expect when even you said there is only a few thousand of the bad guys, and yet you're willing to bomb millions of people? 9-11 and pearl harbor are completely different situations. On one hand we have a NATION attacking another nation, while 9-11 was a group of people who did it. In World War 2 MILLIONS were killed, and very likely millions more would be if we had not nuked Japan. From what I can remember about 250,000 died with those nukes(directly... probably alot more later on). Now compare that to nuking millions of people when so far the numbers in the war hasn't even reached over 100,000, and for the US much less.

Clinton was soft, just as Obama will be. And just because other people feel the same way you do, doesn't make it ok. None of this was meant as an attack on you, I enjoy debate, and everything I said on this post I believe.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:23 AM
atomdanger

Google nuclear winter,
or read a book before you open your mouth.

Really.
Anybody who thinks that nuking the planet is a solution should be sterilized.

0.03% of the worlds nuclear bombs being set off would change the planets clime enough to have a serious effect on human life. According to the national academy of sciences.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:29 AM
atomdanger

Quote:

Your views aren't extreme, just uneducated.
For one, a nation attacking a nation is not the same as a group of terrorists attacking some buildings.
You cannot blame a country for what a few people did,
esp since most were not from Iraq, or Afghanistan.
We certainly aren't going to war with Saudi Arabia, where Bin Laden is from,
and why not? Well because Bush and his friends are too deep in bed with the Bin Laden group.