Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 10-10-2009, 02:18 AM
bj44's Avatar
bj44 bj44 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
Who cares what people thought? Fact is Tito won that fight. Hate to sound like Jenna Jameson but I think Tito deserves a better comeback fight than a guy who ran out of the cage bawling his eyes out after his last fight ended pathetically.

Ryan Bader v. Tito would be better. New blood vs old.
i can turn it around and say forrest who was lhw champ a year ago... deserves somone who has a notable win the last 3 years......His last two losses have come to the best fighter in the world and a championship fight against rashad in which he won the first two rounds fairly easily... Tito's last win was ken shamrock and he hasnt fought in a year and a half.... Bottom line is this fight will sell better then any fight they could of made could..
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 10-10-2009, 02:35 AM
flo's Avatar
flo flo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Great Pacific Northwest
Posts: 7,737
Default

War Forrest!

I'm just hoping for a good fight.

Quote:
After the loss, it appeared that the decade-long tumultuous relationship between Ortiz and White had finally reached its breaking point; however, the pair was able to miraculously mend fences just last month and put their difference aside to start making money together once again.
$$$=Miracle (evidently)
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 10-10-2009, 02:54 AM
Vizion's Avatar
Vizion Vizion is offline
Hughes fanboy
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,218
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44 View Post
i can turn it around and say forrest who was lhw champ a year ago... deserves somone who has a notable win the last 3 years......His last two losses have come to the best fighter in the world and a championship fight against rashad in which he won the first two rounds fairly easily... Tito's last win was ken shamrock and he hasnt fought in a year and a half.... Bottom line is this fight will sell better then any fight they could of made could..
well do you at least agree then, that this is a bad co-main event? I mean they are both coming off losses.
__________________


Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 10-10-2009, 03:06 AM
MattHughesRocks's Avatar
MattHughesRocks MattHughesRocks is offline
Stump Rules!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Nor Cal
Posts: 9,790
Default

He's BEEN back in the gym training.Pay attention baldy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Oh well that changes things!!!

I didn't know Forrest was training again. I thought he was still huddled in a corner somewhere crying like a baby after he ran like a beotch out of the Octagon.....

But if he's actually done crying.... well then that's different!
__________________


http://stumpdotcom.com/
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 10-10-2009, 03:15 AM
bj44's Avatar
bj44 bj44 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
well do you at least agree then, that this is a bad co-main event? I mean they are both coming off losses.
its decent for a replacment fight.... There lucky to get a big name on such short notice... the only names available were forrest, jardine, and bader... Bader isnt ready yet, jardine just got brutally knocked out more recently then forrest did by a lesser named opponent... This fight makes sense to me..

If somone like lil nog or luiz cane were available they would be a better choice but there not there facing each other on this card lol..
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 10-10-2009, 01:13 PM
Vizion's Avatar
Vizion Vizion is offline
Hughes fanboy
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,218
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44 View Post
its decent for a replacment fight.... There lucky to get a big name on such short notice... the only names available were forrest, jardine, and bader... Bader isnt ready yet, jardine just got brutally knocked out more recently then forrest did by a lesser named opponent... This fight makes sense to me..

If somone like lil nog or luiz cane were available they would be a better choice but there not there facing each other on this card lol..
Are you really Joe Silva???
__________________


Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 10-10-2009, 02:18 PM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is online now
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,324
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44 View Post
its decent for a replacment fight.... There lucky to get a big name on such short notice... the only names available were forrest, jardine, and bader... Bader isnt ready yet, jardine just got brutally knocked out more recently then forrest did by a lesser named opponent... This fight makes sense to me..

If somone like lil nog or luiz cane were available they would be a better choice but there not there facing each other on this card lol.
Yeah, but they done that before. I mean, they've promoted someone from the undercard to fill in for an injury in the main card, it's a fairly regular occurance.

That being said, I am in no way disappointed with this replacement fight.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 10-10-2009, 11:33 PM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default

I am not the biggest Forrest fan out there.. but WARRRRRRR FORREST!!!!
__________________
It is because you chose to get on the mat that makes you the winner. Think about how many people are not on that mat right now. - Luis Sucuri Togno
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.