Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 09-30-2009, 02:44 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Default Brock Lesnar on Shane Carwin

I agree with Brock. Having 11 fights with only 1 going longer than 1 minute is impressive, but most of the guys Carwin has fought were cans. Brock finished his first fight in just about 1 minute to a can as well.

http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2009/09/...ought-anybody/
Quote:
Brock Lesnar on Shane Carwin: ‘He hasn’t fought anybody’

The trash talking has officially begun with Brock Lesnar putting in his two cents on his upcoming bout versus Shane Carwin at UFC 106, which has been scheduled for November 21 from the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas.

Carwin was first to voice his opinion of the Heavyweight champion, giving Lesnar a ton of criticism after his successful title defense against Frank Mir, back at UFC 100.

Shortly after Lesnar avenged his only defeat as a professional against Mir, Lesnar looked like he was back in the WWE with his post fight antics. Carwin, when asked his opinion on the matter, was quoted as saying, “I hate that he disrespected the greatest sporting fans in the world and I can’t wait to fight him. Really it comes down to respect and I do not think that he respects the sport or the fans of this sport. He may be well known, but fame does not equal respect.”

Initially staying quiet, Lesnar has finally put in his opinion on the upcoming challenger in a recent interview with the Las Vegas Sun, explaining, “He’s a tough guy. He’s undefeated, but some of the guys he’s beaten aren’t worthy of having on your record. He hasn’t fought anybody. He’s fought Gonzaga, so I really think he’s 1-0.”

Lesnar, a Division I champion at the University of Minnesota back in 2000, continued, “He’s a tough guy and a wrestler. But he’s a Division II national champion — enough said. I don’t know what he is, 11-0, 10-0, but he’ll have a loss against Brock Lesnar.”
Old 09-30-2009, 03:40 AM
que

if carwin wins he should say "now i'm 2-0 and i only fight nobodies!" in his post interview just to spite the brock
Old 09-30-2009, 04:38 AM
huan

Quote:
Originally Posted by que View Post
if carwin wins he should say "now i'm 2-0 and i only fight nobodies!" in his post interview just to spite the brock
or, "I may have secured the win, but sadly I'm still 1-0"
Old 09-30-2009, 06:32 AM
que

Quote:
Originally Posted by huan View Post
or, "I may have secured the win, but sadly I'm still 1-0"
Old 09-30-2009, 09:18 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
I agree with Brock. Having 11 fights with only 1 going longer than 1 minute is impressive, but most of the guys Carwin has fought were cans. Brock finished his first fight in just about 1 minute to a can as well.

http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2009/09/...ought-anybody/
Rock, I am a Lesnar fan and I am pulling for him 100%, but you are really stretching it with your logic on this one.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:39 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake View Post
Rock, I am a Lesnar fan and I am pulling for him 100%, but you are really stretching it with your logic on this one.
Let me expand it... I basically said 11-0 with all fights but 1 ending in just under 2 minutes was impressive (I had a typo with the 1-minute), but I agree that Carwin hasn't really fought anybody except Gonzaga. Aside from Gonzaga, this will be Carwin's first real test.

Plus, if Brock had fought the same guys, they would have been finished just as quick as well.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:36 PM

The more i look at this, the more it seems Carwin is heavily out matched in this. And if he takes it easy, it will seem a shame.

However, in MMA you never know!
Old 10-07-2009, 02:24 AM
Via Con Dios

shane carwin will be the undisputed heavy weight champion of my heart if he knocks out that tool the overgrown broccoli tree.