Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 10-06-2009, 03:41 PM
Josh

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldbreland View Post
My Bible tells me to take care of my brothers. My brothers are everyone on earth. Jesus ate dinner with sinners and these people that bribe us for money will get whats coming to them. I just don't want to fail a test from God. I would much rather give the money and know I did right by living out his purpose. That being said I look back at this thread and I remember a sentence from the Bible. Never let your left hand know what your right is doing. God Bless
Sorry but I just feel the need to address this since I hear it all the time. A christians brothers are his or her fellow Christians. I don't believe there is anywhere in scripture that calls unbelievers brothers of believers. That is why Christ tells people they are "of their father the devil". A christian does not have the same father as an unbeliever. That being said if you feel that giving money to homeless is pleasing to God than keep it up.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:04 PM
donaldbreland

Should I ask them if they believe. I don't see the harm in anyone helping anyone out. What I do see a problem with is when you do help someone out then you have to tell the world about it like your looking for some kind of reward. I just got baptized on August 13th so please excuse me if I get some things wrong again that's why Jesus died on the cross for right. To forgive us from our sins because we are not perfect. That being said. I think WE ALL CAME FROM GOD. NO ONE CAME FROM THE DEVIL. So that means we are all brothers and sisters in the eyes of God. That's why we are here to help spread the word of God. Jesus did it by eating with the sinners and he changed lives. We were put on earth to do as Jesus did. I would much rather walk into a place where people needed help but didn't know it and speak to them then not speak to them at all. I think at this point right now we need to help our country out by spreading the message of God. President Reagen said it best "Government isn't the solution to the problem, Government is the problem". That is so true because this world needs more God in it because he is the only one that can help.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:06 PM
donaldbreland

Quote:

I don't like the fact that this guy in the video knows Tito has a lot of money and expects a handout just because he is rich. I can't stand that attitude.
I think generosity is a great quality to have, but its hard to be generous when people are in your face when you are in front of the cameras. It almost looked like it was setup to make Tito look bad.
I will agree with that as well. What I said was not about the man in the video or Tito. It's about us letting the right hand know what the left hand is doing.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
I hate it when they ask for money with a $5.00 pack of ciggies in their pocket.
or a shopping cart full of stray cats and a sign that says "don't let us go hungry". that really pisses me off.

[
Old 10-06-2009, 04:33 PM
donaldbreland

I agree with the cigs in the pocket. I would go by them food or something. I live in South Carolina and I rarely see this happening. Not saying people here don't ask for money or anything but I live in a small town and we always help people out. The ones of you who live in big city I'm sure have seen some crap. I live in a town where people still ask for food but they want to work the debt off. I guess we are two different types of people in two different parts of the world.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:38 PM

Quote:
I agree with the cigs in the pocket. I would go by them food or something. I live in South Carolina and I rarely see this happening. Not saying people here don't ask for money or anything but I live in a small town and we always help people out. The ones of you who live in big city I'm sure have seen some crap. I live in a town where people still ask for food but they want to work the debt off. I guess we are two different types of people in two different parts of the world.
yeah it's unfortunate that I've grown really cynical to homeless. maybe since I ride the train with them and see them every day...
I do pray for them.

[
Old 10-06-2009, 04:55 PM
donaldbreland

I sometimes forget about other parts of our country and the struggles that people go through living in a big city. I have never had to ride a train to get to or from work so I can't speak from that point. I will say this though. In the Bible God says to work hard. I sometimes think myself that the homeless give up on life and refuse to work. I do not feel sorry for them for that. I do however do not like to see someone go hungry when I eat so well. I am turning pro next year in professional bass fishing and I can guarantee I am going to see more of this type of stuff ahead. I do really think this is a great site and thank Matt for giving us this place to jibber jabber about things. I thank Matt for helping me see that there is a God and I love the fact that he expresses it on his site. I just want to help make this country a better place by living out Gods plan for me. I hope I don't offend anyone on my posts but I try to bring out the positive in any situation. Thanks for understanding and God Bless
Old 10-06-2009, 05:09 PM

Quote:
I sometimes forget about other parts of our country and the struggles that people go through living in a big city. I have never had to ride a train to get to or from work so I can't speak from that point. I will say this though. In the Bible God says to work hard. I sometimes think myself that the homeless give up on life and refuse to work. I do not feel sorry for them for that. I do however do not like to see someone go hungry when I eat so well. I am turning pro next year in professional bass fishing and I can guarantee I am going to see more of this type of stuff ahead. I do really think this is a great site and thank Matt for giving us this place to jibber jabber about things. I thank Matt for helping me see that there is a God and I love the fact that he expresses it on his site. I just want to help make this country a better place by living out Gods plan for me. I hope I don't offend anyone on my posts but I try to bring out the positive in any situation. Thanks for understanding and God Bless
No worries, brother. I appreciate your perspective. Keep us posted on your fishing career. that is awesome!

[
Old 10-06-2009, 05:12 PM
donaldbreland

I have a website at http://www.donaldbreland.com please feel free to check it out.