Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 10-05-2009, 02:15 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
I didnt realize til I listened to them...and then it was like
That's the way of it. You never realize how many mistakes you've made until you put it out there for the whole world to see!
Old 10-05-2009, 02:17 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
I have to say, Dave that was probably the friendliest Robbie has sounded in interview
Good work buddy!
the trick with Robbie is to treat him like you would an untamed animal. You quietly observe from afar and take pictures when he's not aware. He doesnt like the attention, but doesnt mind it happening so long as its not in his face. So I got some fantastic shots of him lifting weights when he was concentrating and not aware of the camera, but he would move everytime he saw me raise the camera when he was at the reception desk. Originally he didnt really want to do the interview, he claimed he'd come in for a quick train and had to dash off...but he was there for ages and took his time, so I told him that we'd talk on the hop, that way I wouldnt be taking up his time, and he seemed alright with that. Again he took some encouragement to actually start talking more then in monosylabals. After the interview I would leave him alone and keep coming back every 5 moments or so and just have another short conversation. He just doesnt like to be pressurized. I asked him about the UFC, then I went away and pretended to be interested in the overhead music video...then I'd come back and I asked him about his own website...then I'd go and speak to Todd who was doing personal training, then I'd join in a conversation he was having with someone else...that way I got the contact with him...but he didnt feel like I was crowding him or that he was a special focus, because that would have made him distressed

When it came to signing the autographs He asked why there were arrows on the page that was the first time (other then when he first came in and recognised me and accosted me briefly) that HE had started a conversation with me. Trust it to be the embarrisment of having to identify whose signiture was whose using little arrows pointing to the autograph

He told me he wasnt sociable and didnt do small talk...neither is true, but he needs to feel comfortable around someone before those things can happen
Old 10-05-2009, 02:22 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
That's the way of it. You never realize how many mistakes you've made until you put it out there for the whole world to see!
Do you remember the video I conducted with you in the car....

I wonder how many times I said "got ya" on that one
Old 10-05-2009, 02:59 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Do you remember the video I conducted with you in the car....

I wonder how many times I said "got ya" on that one
Hahaha, prolly about 587!
Old 10-05-2009, 03:14 PM
que

brian foster looked mad
Old 10-05-2009, 03:16 PM

Herre's Robbie's signature series Tapout shirt. sweet looking shirt.

[
Old 10-05-2009, 05:11 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Hahaha, prolly about 587!
Well its not uploaded yet. You realize I have almost 40MBs of Videos, Photographs and sound bytes to work with, and then a further 3 Journals and scattered notes to draw my reports from...this is going to take me a while guys so enjoy the wait

in the meantime, for those who havent seen them

Jens and I

This is Robbie Lawler going up and down...he was concentrating so he didnt see me snap a quick shot

Brian Foster, I'm not sure he enjoys weight training very much

Kyle Watson...if you dont know who he is then you havent been paying much attention to my weekly video blogs

Mark Fiore, a nice man, unless your in his class, then he's really quite mean. He doesnt tollerate fools in the gym environment lets put it that way, out of all the coaches ive seen so far, he was the most, authoritarian of them all, with an ex-force background I guess its no suprise...but woe betide he who fails to pay his dues during the jellybean workout I was nearly sick myself, and I was just watching.

Lookey its Ben!

and me an Ben in the Ramada Hotel Reception

the best place to check out my pictures as they are uploading is on my myspace...because I have litterally hundreds...once they are all up I can show you the best ones...but im only about hlaf way through! (im dsd619 on myspace btw)
Old 10-05-2009, 05:17 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by que View Post
brian foster looked mad
I think he always looks like that actually...but maybe he was feeling a little bad, this was taken like just a week or so after he lost his debut

He did look kinda mean, but when he chose to smile it transformed him completely, I dont think I pissed him off Okay so I asked him about his loss...but..what else was I supposed to talk about he might just be naturally reflective, a lot of deep thinkers or emotional people have a sometimes naturally depressive or angry expression, when really they are just thinking
Old 10-05-2009, 05:26 PM

Quote:
I think he always looks like that actually...but maybe he was feeling a little bad, this was taken like just a week or so after he lost his debut

He did look kinda mean, but when he chose to smile it transformed him completely, I dont think I pissed him off Okay so I asked him about his loss...but..what else was I supposed to talk about he might just be naturally reflective, a lot of deep thinkers or emotional people have a sometimes naturally depressive or angry expression, when really they are just thinking
He got fight of the night and impressed the UFC brass. I think if you're going to suffer a loss in your UFC debut then that's the way to do it
he gained a lot of fans too!

[
Old 10-05-2009, 05:48 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
He got fight of the night and impressed the UFC brass. I think if you're going to suffer a loss in your UFC debut then that's the way to do it
he gained a lot of fans too!
Yes, Marc Fiore was saying that despite the loss the UFC has no concerns over his progress at present. I didnt see the fight because I was on Amtrak, but I heard from others that he did well, and most importantly he handled his loss in the correct manner...all the same, I expect in private he was pretty upset also, he's not used to losing fights, he comes from a place where he's been pretty solidly always at the top, now he's surround by equals and betters and he has to really work hard. But he impressed, and he handled it well, and as Marc Fiore told me, now he's lost, he wont be nervous because he knows what a UFC loss is like now, do you follow? it takes the bite out of being frightened to fail.

Foster claims he knows what his mistakes were, and I watched from afar as he had a long consultation after the early morning pracitse with Marc and Todd. Believe me, they are already working on him ready for his next performance.

He has the right to be a little sad coz he didnt actually win...the laugh of it is, he got paid MORE then he would have if he had won, because of the FOTN Bonus, but even with low pay, you can tell that money is the last thing on these guys minds

Like I say, if you watch the interview he starts off a little sad, but by the time we are talking about why he trains, and about the gym, he's smiling and being more animated.

I can honnestly say ive liked EVERYONE I met. Even Todd Laux Poor Todd, I was extremely mean to him online at one point in time