Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 09-29-2009, 09:37 PM

I was for Romney too, Eric, maybe in 2012???
Old 09-30-2009, 01:10 AM
suntereo

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
I don't know if I'd call Glenn Beck unstable or just emotional. I think that (politically) some are actively trying to paint him as unstable because that could theoretically render what he has to say invalid. Hard to argue with ratings, he's #2 in the nation for cable news/talk program and within arm's reach of #1 (O'Reilly).

I like Glenn in small doses, I think his heart is in the right place and no doubt he cares deeply about the country (plus, he's a local boy)
i live in mt vernon, glenn's hometown and have known his family fairly well. My parents bought there bakery equipment when they retired. This still doesnt make me the expert but... even though he's an awesome man, Glenn would be the first to say he is'nt president material and not out of false humility
Old 09-30-2009, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suntereo View Post
i live in mt vernon, glenn's hometown and have known his family fairly well. My parents bought there bakery equipment when they retired. This still doesnt make me the expert but... even though he's an awesome man, Glenn would be the first to say he is'nt president material and not out of false humility
Neighbor!! We live in Olympia and are life-long WA residents :-) Many of my dad's relatives still live in Mt. Vernon.

I totally agree with you, he isn't pres. material, I think he's definitely found his niche.
Old 09-30-2009, 02:00 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by suntereo View Post
Glenn would be the first to say he is'nt president material and not out of false humility
Usually the people who have to be dragged, kicking and screaming, into political office turn out to be the best leaders. Look at George Washington.

As my Sociology teacher used to say, "Anyone who actively seeks political office should be permanently banned from politics."

I'm not sure if I agree with that completely, but I always thought it was funny.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:20 AM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

I like Glenn Beck! He would be great in an advisory role. But then he can do alot of good things on TV to!
Old 10-03-2009, 05:01 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

The Nuge strikes again...

If Nuge were prez or VP we would have to replace Hail to the Cheif with the guitar lick from Cat Scratch Fever.
Old 10-03-2009, 08:49 PM
Black Mamba

That would be sweet.

I actually have Cat Scratch Fever as one of my ringtones too. Scares the crap out of me when I'm in the library and it's super quite.
Old 10-03-2009, 10:09 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post
You want my DREAM ticket for 2012 ? Glen Beck for Pres , Uncle Ted for VP .

Watch this video , and if you have an argument against him , there is no hope for you , your an idiot.

http://biggeekdaddy.com:80/miscvideos/TedNugent.html

Wow... Great points from Ted.

"I don't need a document, or another man to tell me I have the right to defend my life"

"Instead of arresting somebody for molesting children 24 times,
I would rather the dad caught him, and blew his brains out"

"I don't like repeat offenders, I like dead offenders"
Old 10-03-2009, 10:10 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Neighbor!! We live in Olympia and are life-long WA residents :-) Many of my dad's relatives still live in Mt. Vernon.

I totally agree with you, he isn't pres. material, I think he's definitely found his niche.
Oly? Madness. Did you hit up the fall artwalk the other night?
I grew up just outside Olympia and I am there constantly.