Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 09-28-2009, 08:53 PM
Administrator

I recently discovered that there is a Union of Union Representatives who looks out for the rights of those people employed by unions.

So, here's my question, if unions are so fair and wonderful and only care about the rights of working families, then WHY is there a need for a union to protect union workers from their own unions?????

I discovered this when I was reading about the case against SEIU (Service Employees International Union) by 75 of its former employees. Turns out they proudly donated $60.7 million to Obama's presidential campaign, but during the elections they had to fire 75 of their 220 employees. Their explaination?

Quote:
"This is not a financial issue," said SEIU President Andy Stern. "We need to respond to the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity our members created by helping elect President Obama."
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...031800709.html

So, does that sound like an organization that cares about workers or politics?
Old 09-28-2009, 09:01 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
I recently discovered that there is a Union of Union Representatives who looks out for the rights of those people employed by unions.

So, here's my question, if unions are so fair and wonderful and only care about the rights of working families, then WHY is there a need for a union to protect union workers from their own unions?????

I discovered this when I was reading about the case against SEIU (Service Employees International Union) by 75 of its former employees. Turns out they proudly donated $60.7 million to Obama's presidential campaign, but during the elections they had to fire 75 of their 220 employees. Their explaination?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...031800709.html

So, does that sound like an organization that cares about workers or politics?
WOW.

Lets fire 75 people so we can elect President Obama to help fix the economy.

****ing idiots.