Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 09-23-2009, 03:25 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by KENTUCKYREDBONE View Post
While I do think Big John should have been given his licence I ain't gonna automatically blame Dana and the UFC for it. I find it amazing how many Folks seem to think Dana has so much power he can tell the Athletic commission what to do. Hey next time I have a rough day maybe I should blame the all powerful Dana White!
Dana doesn't have to tell NSAC anything ... Kizer dislikes what BJM said about the NSAC, and he also knows that Dana didn't like what BJM said about the UFC ... so he can keep BJM's application in the pile, which is totally fine ... he also knows that the UFC holds many fights in NV and that if there is a chance that UFC holds less shows there, well, that is less money for the NSAC ... so it makes complete sense ... also, if BJM was given his license, there would have been people on the other end saying that BJM got special treatment from the NSAC and jumped the line ...

it was a good decison imo on the NSAC's part ..
Old 09-23-2009, 07:06 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
also, if BJM was given his license, there would have been people on the other end saying that BJM got special treatment from the NSAC and jumped the line ...

it was a good decison imo on the NSAC's part ..
What makes you say that?
They do it for other refs.
Big Dan got his in Nevada right away after they "discovered" him in Jersey.
Nobody was mad about that, why would a bunch of other refs be mad that the best in the business got his license in Nevada lol
Old 09-23-2009, 07:29 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger View Post
What makes you say that?
They do it for other refs.
Big Dan got his in Nevada right away after they "discovered" him in Jersey.
Nobody was mad about that, why would a bunch of other refs be mad that the best in the business got his license in Nevada lol
i know this is not a true example, but you go and quit your job, bad-mouth your boss and company and in a couple years try and apply again and see what happens. BJM is a big boy, he should have known that you don't burn bridges .... you don't bite the hand that feeds you imo and now he has to wait around like everyone else ..
Old 09-23-2009, 08:48 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
i know this is not a true example, but you go and quit your job, bad-mouth your boss and company and in a couple years try and apply again and see what happens. BJM is a big boy, he should have known that you don't burn bridges .... you don't bite the hand that feeds you imo and now he has to wait around like everyone else ..

Yeah, pretty bad example.
For one, He didn't bad mouth his boss, at all. Did he?
I have never seen a BJM quote bad mouthing the NAC.

He made some comments about Dana White,
Dana isn't his boss, and wasn't. Legally speaking Dana White should have no say over the Athletic Commission.
This is why the state regulates the sport, so things like this do not happen.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:54 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Yeah, pretty bad example.
For one, He didn't bad mouth his boss, at all. Did he?
I have never seen a BJM quote bad mouthing the NAC.

He made some comments about Dana White,
Dana isn't his boss, and wasn't. Legally speaking Dana White should have no say over the Athletic Commission.
This is why the state regulates the sport, so things like this do not happen.
nah ... he badmouthed the NSAC also .. i will find what he said and post .... if he just said crap about dana, i really couldn't care less, but if he says junk about the nsac and then asks for a job, well that wouldn't seem smart to me
Old 09-23-2009, 09:56 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
nah ... he badmouthed the NSAC also .. i will find what he said and post .... if he just said crap about dana, i really couldn't care less, but if he says junk about the nsac and then asks for a job, well that wouldn't seem smart to me
Please share.

I don't remember him bad mouthing the NSAC at all.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:19 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Please share.

I don't remember him bad mouthing the NSAC at all.
here is an interview from sherdog ... this is the second page ....

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles...McCarthy-16629

he says he had criticism of people being made judges and refs ... which in itself isn't too bad, but in effect doesn't say much about the management at the nsac ... he should have just kept his mouth shut ... like i said, in this instance, there is no need for the nsac to bring him in as they have refs and his application is being processed ... they should probably offer him a judge job instead ... i am sure he could do better than the people judging now ..
Old 09-23-2009, 11:36 PM
que

Quote:
here is an interview from sherdog ... this is the second page ....

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles...McCarthy-16629

he says he had criticism of people being made judges and refs ... which in itself isn't too bad, but in effect doesn't say much about the management at the nsac ... he should have just kept his mouth shut ... like i said, in this instance, there is no need for the nsac to bring him in as they have refs and his application is being processed ... they should probably offer him a judge job instead ... i am sure he could do better than the people judging now ..
all he said was some people maybe shouldn't have been made judges and refs. nothing wrong with saying that because even dana white and joe rogan have said that many times publicly themselves.

the reason he was rejected is not because of what he said in that interview
Old 09-24-2009, 01:00 AM
David_Banner

Quote:
Kizer doesn't have to take it from behind like that, he is a tool.

The UFC isn't going to leave vegas, come on.
Not only that, they do many more shows outside of the state than in.

I'm aware of all the shows they do outside of Vegas and I never said the UFC was going to leave Vegas. Pulling one vegas show would translate to a loss of tens of millions of dollars. Thats called leverage. Also, aside from all that, it could just be personal.
Old 09-24-2009, 02:53 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

The Ferrita brothers took care of Big John in Vegas. He will never work there again.