Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 09-20-2009, 02:35 PM
rearnakedchoke

the kampmann stoppage was good one imo ... he was out on his feet
Old 09-20-2009, 03:12 PM
ufcfan2

I also agree the Kappmenn stoppage was okay,though I was hoping they would allow a tad longer to see if he recovered,but u gotta protect the fighters...Paul kept throwing that left hook and Kapp hand no answer...

Kindof disappointed in the Franklin fight eventhough I picked Vitor to win,but was hopin for at least 2-3 rd brawl..

Not sure what happened with CC he didn't seem to have any jump in his feet anymore. He didn't throw any kicks or do anything but clinch and pushoff and he barely threw any kicks at all..I don't care if hes not throwing head kicks,but hes gotta throw some to the legs or something...

Trigg fight was hoping for it to last a little longer,but what can ya do.
Old 09-20-2009, 03:17 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Strikeforce has better fights.

Old 09-20-2009, 05:21 PM
gymcoach97

I'm amazed that none of you saw the fact that Rich got grazed on the side and back of the head. While I'm not exactly a fan of Trigg, the same thing happened to him in his fight with Koscheck.

The same thing happened to Couture when he fought Lesnar. It happened to GSP when he fought Serra. It happened to Jardine when he fought Silva. If you want to stagger someone, that's the magic button spot. It won't always knock them out, but since the occipital lobe is responsible for vision, it will blur them and cause them to stumble pretty badly since vision is so critical for balance and coordination. Then, you can move in for the kill as Belfort did and as Koscheck did. That's probably why Rich could not remember what happened and that everything went "blank."

Take nothing away from Vitor, he won the fight, but honestly, it's sort of a lucky punch in my opinion. Rich saw the punch coming and he was trying to duck and slip it. It just barely clipped him.

I think that Rich looked focused. I know that he trained hard - there's pictures to prove it at www.8weeksout.com (you have to join). It just wasn't his night and he was a little bit unlucky. Maybe it wouldn't have made a difference, but I'd like to see the fight again without that punch.

One nice thing is that it allows for a potential Anderson Silva - Vitor Belfort match-up, which could be interesting considering Belfort does have very fast hands.
Old 09-20-2009, 06:06 PM
Maldonado136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonlion View Post
Mirko, just doesn't look like he has it anymore against top level competition, I can't figure out why he looks so bad. A sad end to the fight, I was hoping a huge kick might save him.
hes just too one dimensional. and on top of that the LHK is so predictable i doubt he'll ever catch anyone with it again. looking back im surprised he got away with it so much in pride when all his opponent has to do is back him up. even when he fought nog as soon as nog started to back him up he won.
Old 09-20-2009, 06:47 PM
jasonmma

Default cro cop

should have went to dream he dont belong in the ufc. to many people know his strategy, and as its been said before he is a stalker, but cant handle people stalking him and pushing him back. he has no ground game and the guys up and coming now are faster than he is and i agree he will probably never catch anyone with that head kick cause they are all waiting for it. someone better call up eddie sanchez again if you want to see cro cop win
Old 09-20-2009, 08:34 PM
Liddellfan

Hate to say it because I have been a fan of Mirko since his PRIDE days but he seems to be out of his league trying to fight in the UFC. The level of competition is much greater than he is able to handle. His time is over....Maybe if he cut to 205 he may have a better chance at winning fights??
Old 09-20-2009, 10:36 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger View Post
Interesting night of fights.....

Local boy Rick Story won.
Odd win for Dos Santos, I wasn't satisfied.
Vitor did everything I thought he would do.
The Kampann stoppage was RIDICULOUS, he was not only covering,
but he was standing fine on his own two feet. Horrible, horrible stoppage.
Nice to see KOS take out Trigg.
IMpressive win for Efrain as well.

It MUST be getting cold down below.. cause I really find myself in total agreement with this post..
Old 09-21-2009, 03:12 PM
billwilliams70

I thought it was a good night of good fights, I really hope that the UFC/Spike continue to show the prelims prior to the PPV, 'cause that was really great!

Later.