Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 09-17-2009, 11:17 PM
Buzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Yes, you can justify a minimal amount of taxes that are necessary to keep the government running and it's employees paid; but when your government has proven itself to be a reckless and irresponsible as this current administration and the past Bush administration and the administrations past, then there is no justification whatsoever for new taxes.
FTFY
Old 09-17-2009, 11:31 PM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post
FTFY
Buzzard there never has been an honest administration since Abe Lincoln. Funny thing is that is when the GOP was invented. LOL The thing is we need to return to states taking cars of their own and the feds sticking to trade and national defense.
Old 09-17-2009, 11:47 PM
bradwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
Buzzard there never has been an honest administration since Abe Lincoln. Funny thing is that is when the GOP was invented. LOL The thing is we need to return to states taking care of their own and the feds sticking to trade and national defense.
Fixed....
Old 09-18-2009, 02:57 AM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright View Post
Fixed....
Thanks Brad. I guess I had cars on the brain.
Old 09-18-2009, 06:02 AM
Buzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
Buzzard there never has been an honest administration since Abe Lincoln. Funny thing is that is when the GOP was invented. LOL The thing is we need to return to states taking cars of their own and the feds sticking to trade and national defense.
Agree. I feel sick to my stomach when I say the words honest and politician in the same sentence.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_U...iminal_records

The above is an old question which was answered and I remembered from years ago. Some may not like the source, but this was first one I found at this late hour. I wonder what the numbers are now.
Old 09-19-2009, 12:15 AM
bradwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post
Agree. I feel sick to my stomach when I say the words honest and politician in the same sentence.
an honest politician...hmm...now that sure seems like a bit of an oxymoron to me.