Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > Announcements > Site Ideas

Old 09-15-2009, 02:59 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blmfighter View Post
Every link takes my to the blog. I have tried all of them and the only one that does not take me to the blog is the forums link.
Yikes! I just noticed that problem but I have no idea what's causing it. For now, you can just use the navigation links on the right hand side of the home page, until I can get this fixed. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 09-15-2009, 08:58 PM
Blmfighter

I understand. Can I ask why you set every page up like a blog. When not just make the main page a locked template with only the center section editable and then save it with the correct name? That is how I have always done it and just wanted to know why you do it the other way?

thanks
Old 09-18-2009, 01:55 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blmfighter View Post
I understand. Can I ask why you set every page up like a blog. When not just make the main page a locked template with only the center section editable and then save it with the correct name? That is how I have always done it and just wanted to know why you do it the other way?

thanks
Well, almost since the site got started, we've had several groups of people who have volunteered to help get Matt's site running more efficiently, making more money, and producing better search engine results. For the most part, they have always told us that you want to have a consistent template across the site, this way people don't get lost in the navigation.

No one has ever told us any different, so we've just gone with that. Personally, I would prefer it if each section of the site had it's own look; but now that we're using WordPress, we're pretty much stuck with a standard template for now.

Tags
testing tag.