Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 09-05-2009, 07:36 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default "I'm Gonna Knock Fedor Out."

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/...=9503&zoneid=3

Quote:
Slated to be Fedor Emelianenko's first opponent in the Strikeforce promotion, undefeated heavyweight Brett Rogers plans to knock out the top ranked Russian.

"I'm going out there to knock Fedor out. I'm going out there to knock him out just like Arlovski. It ain't going to be no different," Rogers told Tapout Radio earlier this week.

"The way I see it, he's not going to want to stand with me. He's going to want to take me down and play the little ground and pound game because he knows damn well my hands are ferocious and he's not going to be able to handle my power. It's not going to happen."

Questioned how his ground game matches up against the Russian's, Rogers said, "If he gets lucky and takes me down, because I'm not an easy guy to take down, I'm a stand-up fighter, so I train real hard on standing up, but if he succeeds, I'm cool. I'm cool with it. I'm a patient guy. I'm just going to hold him and get back up and make him play my game, and he's going to have to try all over again."

The bout has been agreed to, but no date has been set. "They just told me to be ready by October or November," said the 28-year-old fighter.

"There's a couple of situations with the UFC. They don't want to schedule a show on the same day as one of their shows."
In response:
  • Fedor's not afraid of you: Cyborgs don't know fear.
  • You won't be able to just hang on against Fedor: Cyborgs can't be stopped
  • It doesn't matter when you schedule your card, Dana will just create a new Spike Fight specifically to counter-program.
Old 09-05-2009, 07:41 PM
matthughesfan21

I don't like rogers, but i want him to win this fight just to see the fedor huggers reaction...But realistically, i think his mouth is cashing checks his skill can't cash
Old 09-05-2009, 11:49 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21
I don't like rogers, but i want him to win this fight just to see the fedor huggers reaction...But realistically, i think his mouth is cashing checks his skill can't cash
The odds of him KOing Fedor are slime to none.
Fedor has faced much more seasoned strikers with more impressive records,
better K-1 kickboxing records, etc....
This fight will end by TKO or armbar, first round.
Old 09-06-2009, 12:44 AM
Krupp

I saw a vid of Fedor sparring with Aleks. I can honestly say that he would wipe the floor with anyone, including Anderson if they were ever to fight. Fedor moves as if he's a light-heavyweight, not a heavyweight. IT's incredible:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxfzO...layer_embedded
Old 09-06-2009, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21
Notr that he will, but thsi is not the man you want to see give Fedor his first loss. he's a dick. I hope Fedor knock's him out cold in 5 seconds.

[
Old 09-06-2009, 01:28 AM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter
Notr that he will, but thsi is not the man you want to see give Fedor his first loss. he's a dick. I hope Fedor knock's him out cold in 5 seconds.
I don't have a problem with fedor, but it would just be fun to see the reaction of the pseudo-fedor fans that have come out of the woodwork in recent years...not saying your one of them Mark, but their are plenty of them out there and they are just as annoying as GSP fans
Old 09-06-2009, 03:20 AM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krupp
I saw a vid of Fedor sparring with Aleks. I can honestly say that he would wipe the floor with anyone, including Anderson if they were ever to fight. Fedor moves as if he's a light-heavyweight, not a heavyweight. IT's incredible:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxfzO...layer_embedded
I think that's a bit of an exaggeration. Anybody can look good sparring. Fedor looked fine in that video but he's not even close to AS in the striking category.
Old 09-06-2009, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21 View Post
I don't have a problem with fedor, but it would just be fun to see the reaction of the pseudo-fedor fans that have come out of the woodwork in recent years...not saying your one of them Mark, but their are plenty of them out there and they are just as annoying as GSP fans
Yeah, I've been a Fedor fan for a long time, and I'd hate to see someone who (like Matt is a good influence in the sport) get beat by a guy that doesn't seem to really have a great ammount of respect for other fighters or the sport in general. Matt and Fedor are both good spiritual sportsmen who also have a grounded approach to fame and a realistic view on what is really important in life. There are few fighters that I will always root for and Matt (of course) and Fedor are at the top of a small list.

[
Old 09-06-2009, 09:58 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

the guy is having hullucinations already, and he hasnt even faced Fedor yet
Old 09-06-2009, 08:20 PM
ufcfan2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
the guy is having hullucinations already, and he hasnt even faced Fedor yet
ahh, he's just trying to hype himself up or something...
Can he KO Fedor? Sure he can hes a brawler w/power aka Tank Abbott,but just bigger and a little darker
I agree that if Fedors gonna lose I don't want it to be to this guy theres something about him that rubs ya wrong.