Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-25-2009, 06:55 AM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
Well brother........................................... ............. I have a few thoughts about that

a) If I KNEW my funeral was the only time a friend/relative would hear the message of Christ.... then I would simply share the gospel with them before I died!
What if your illness came on sharply, no time to contact them, or you were too weak, too sick?

b) I guess I would stick by my previous response... I'm fairly certain that anybody who knows me even a little knows about my relationship with Christ so I doubt my funeral would be their only exposure
That is perhaps your situation, not everyone's, thus your point of it being selfish is well, kind of selfish ain't it?

c) I'm nobody to inhibit the work of the Holy Spirit... me sharing or not sharing the gospel at my funeral won't keep anybody from Heaven.. How on Earth could you know? Like I said, it may be one person's best shot at hearing the Gospel, you just never know, do you?

d) and lastly.... my wife and all 4 of my children are all Christians (one of them literally!!) so I have no doubt that Christ will be shared at my funeral.

Again... my only point was that I believe planning out your own funeral is selfish... that doesn't mean it won't be planned nor does it mean that I wouldn't share an opinion... I'm simply saying that a funeral should be geared more to the needs of the living who are left behind to mourn then to the wants of the deceased.
Do people not need to get saved Chuck? Could it not possibly be God's calling on someone's life, at the end of such, to plan for their own funeral in such a fashion as to glorfiy His Holy Word before those who have come to pay their respects?

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/