Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 02-05-2009, 03:59 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose
But the thing is, it's not necessarily illegal everywhere in the States. In this case, it's considered illegal in his jurisdiction by those particular authorities. You get me?
Sure, it's being legalized in some localities, but it's still banned by the federal government. Until it's legalized PERIOD, it's still illegal.
Old 02-05-2009, 04:00 AM
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
Sure, it's being legalized in some localities, but it's still banned by the federal government. Until it's legalized PERIOD, it's still illegal.
Why are we arguing a stupid point of discussion?
Old 02-05-2009, 04:01 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks
Well, perhaps with a little more life experience and maturity you'll open your narrow mind just a little bit
LOL, talk about being harsh! I'm not being close-minded. Like I said, I've read on addiction, I just don't agree with it. If I were close-minded, I would just agree with everything I read without questioning it. Especially when I've lived the experience. Just because I'm 29 doesn't mean I'm speaking from inexperience. Like I said, I drank and smoked for more than a decade and was able to quit. That's inexperience and immaturity? I don't get it, but that's ok, no need to get it I guess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks
God bless you kid.
That's not harsh though. God bless you too!

Oh, and goodnight!
Old 02-05-2009, 04:09 AM
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
LOL, talk about being harsh! I'm not being close-minded. Like I said, I've read on addiction, I just don't agree with it. If I were close-minded, I would just agree with everything I read without questioning it. Especially when I've lived the experience. Just because I'm 29 doesn't mean I'm speaking from inexperience. Like I said, I drank and smoked for more than a decade and was able to quit. That's inexperience and immaturity? I don't get it, but that's ok, no need to get it I guess.

That's not harsh though. God bless you too!

Oh, and goodnight!
She confused maturity with sensitivity.
Old 02-05-2009, 05:08 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
I agree that there are obsessive-compulsive types who can take anything too far. I've known of guys who have destroyed their finances and ruined their marriages collecting Star Wars toys.
Star Wars toys are better listeners
Old 02-05-2009, 02:18 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
Star Wars toys are better listeners
You see, abusing drugs and alcohol will mess up your marriage and mess up your brain, but if you mess up your marriage collecting Star Wars figurines then your brain was already messed up to begin with.
Old 02-05-2009, 04:35 PM
CAVEMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose
23 year olds often do minor things that are considered illegal. You know, speed, play poker for money, smoke weed, etc. THAT'S what it has to do with it. He's young and on top of the world, all that pressure on his shoulders, let him cool out for a bit. He was only this nation's hopes and dreams for an Olympics and all.

Spoken like a true liberal!!~~
Old 02-05-2009, 04:40 PM
CAVEMAN

The problem with legalizing "Mary Jane" is that once you do that, it opens the door for legalization of other drugs! This nation is so morally screwed up already, the last thing it needs is legalization of pot. That would literally open a whole other can of worms!