Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > The Ultimate Fighter

Old 06-24-2009, 11:42 PM
Hughes_GOAT

WAR Kimbo!!!
Old 06-25-2009, 03:50 AM
Maldonado136

im not a kimbo hater but im almost positive he wont make it to the finals. the guy has no desire to learn how to grapple. bas was talking in an interview about how he told kimbo that he was an a**h*le because of it.
Old 06-25-2009, 04:21 AM
Hughes_GOAT

oh i know he probably won't win it, much less make it to the finals. but it would be nice to see the underdog win.

and he did beat Mercer
Old 06-25-2009, 11:18 AM
County Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
oh i know he probably won't win it, much less make it to the finals. but it would be nice to see the underdog win.

and he did beat Mercer
With a poorly executed guillotine choke. Mercer complained afterwards because Kimbo said he was going to come out and bang. To be fair though, Kimbo did come out and bang and Mercer guillotined Kimbo first. Kimbo escaped and did a slightly better job with it against Mercer. Mercer tapped quickly.
Old 06-25-2009, 05:54 PM
thekevineri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldonado136
ROY NELSON: Boasting a 13-4 MMA record, the 32-year-old is a former Elie XC fighter who is perhaps best known for being knocked out by Andrei Arlovski last October.

Oddly enough, before i started reading into this thread, i was on Sherdog and stumbled across picture of the Arlovski / Nelson fight and was thinking "Wow... this guy must NEVER train, because he's HUGE. Didn't Arlovski weighs like 240 and Nelson weigh(ed) 249?

thats a small weight gap, but HUGE differance in size... he huge, and soft. Im not trying to be a hater, but... i mean...

I'm curious to see how he preforms on the show and in training, because IF he lasts, i think he's gonna look way differant come the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev
We dont get mad at skittles for making money off of new flavors.

You obviously never tried the chocloate ones or mint ones...
Old 06-26-2009, 08:40 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekevineri
Oddly enough, before i started reading into this thread, i was on Sherdog and stumbled across picture of the Arlovski / Nelson fight and was thinking "Wow... this guy must NEVER train, because he's HUGE. Didn't Arlovski weighs like 240 and Nelson weigh(ed) 249?

thats a small weight gap, but HUGE differance in size... he huge, and soft. Im not trying to be a hater, but... i mean...

I'm curious to see how he preforms on the show and in training, because IF he lasts, i think he's gonna look way differant come the end.

You obviously never tried the chocloate ones or mint ones...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ig0jPm8i_GE

He's the former IFL HW champ:

Also, he's apparently preggers!
Old 06-26-2009, 08:46 PM
Crisco

Roy Nelson is VERY legit.

He's one of those guys that shouldn't be on top. He should just get a testing fight on a UFN card or something to gauge him.

I'm picking big country to take the show.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:55 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
and I thought I was obease
Old 06-26-2009, 10:03 PM
thekevineri

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ig0jPm8i_GE

He's the former IFL HW champ:

I did note the IFL thing, but still... he looks likes he's going to have twins. I looked for a video of his championship fight.

Im guessing hes like Mike Fischer who fights in Okinawa at the local circut and once he connects with his hands he keeps going till the reff gives the TKO...

But i agree with the first post, he is most well known probally for getting KO'd by A.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
Roy Nelson is VERY legit.

He's one of those guys that shouldn't be on top. He should just get a testing fight on a UFN card or something to gauge him.

I'm picking big country to take the show.
I don't know... nelson kind of seems like an chance fighter to me. I guess after seeing the clips and pictures from sherdog... i don't know..

I guess its kind of like my view on this one : http://joeduartemma.com/?pid=56 i had mentioned in another thread. There's no way that that guy should have been in the finals.... no way. Espically considering theres a million other kids who thrash themselves day in and day out for their break, and most of which never get it, even though they could probally merc the 'champ' up....

IMO, This ISN'T an/the Ultimate Figher...

Old 07-18-2009, 07:54 AM
Shane Lee 2

I have rolled 5 minutes with Jon Madsen. He is a BEAST. And a good dude. I hope he takes it all.