Old 07-12-2009, 06:12 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Default Carwin on UFC 100

I really really like this guy.

http://www.shane-carwin.com/profiles...st:11072&xgs=1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Carwin
UFC 100 Thoughts

What a great weekend it was. The UFC fan EXPO had like 35,000 amazing fans who knew their favorite fighters and personality were in the hall. My trip to the EXPO seemed like a whirlwind. I was picked up by the owner of Warrior Wear, Nathan, at the airport and ushered to the Warrior Wear booth. The expo hall was full of brands you see on fighters and brands that I had never seen before. The hall was packed and I was starting to feel a bit overwhelmed. Then looking down I notice my amazing wife is with me and realized I will be fine.

The first hour or so the line just kept growing. I could not really tell how long it was but Nathan said he thought the line for autographs at our booth was 1/4 mile long. Lani told me the lines would make Walt Disney smile they were that long. Every fan I met was so awesome, they were as pleased to meet me as I was them. No one complained about the wait.

After a long day of meet and greets i headed to my room for a quick change and refresh. We headed to dinner with Nathan and his crew and it must have been midnight before we were done with dinner. In Colorado we would have never found a steak house open till midnight, but this place was just starting to get busy. Vegas is very surreal.

After dinner I tried to track down this Sirrius reporter my manager had asked me to do an interview with, it was too late and he was not answering his phone. We decided to call it a night and get ready for a long Saturday.

Saturday we woke up and I can't even remember the order of the booths I went too. I think I started at Nightrider Jewelry. Nightrider has made a line of Jewelry inspired by me so I went over to lend my hand and help them introduce the line to the fans. Nightriderjewelry.com if you want to check it out.

I then went over to the Demented Customs booth for MTX Audio. Those guys were showing of Keith Jardine and Rashads vehicles that they had restored. I have a 66SS El Camino I may have them do, but I want to be sure to keep it classic.

From their it was back to the Warrior Wear booth. I know I was their till at least 2:30 because the UFC started calling my cell about me being late to the booth. My manager told them I might be late and if I was it was because I was servicing fans at the Warrior Wear booth. At around 2:45 I was able to make it to the UFC booth and I signed there up until the prelims began.

The fight card was great. Tom Lawlor's walkout was hillarious. He backed that goofyness up too which will endure him tot he fans. CB did not TAP and that is one way to go about changing what people say about you. Mark Coleman showed that no matter the age you can always out workk the young wippersnappers. Sexyamya won the hearts of Italian fans world wide.

The main card did not let us down. Each match was put together perfectly and in the end the fans got to see a great display of technique, talent and heart. I cannot say I was surprised by anything that night other then Brock's reaction to beating a very tough Frank Mir. Frank is a legend and a great guy who got out powered not out classed. The sponsor issue, you need to talk to your manager not the fans or Dana.

The flipping off of the fans that just lined your pocket with millions of dollars is just LAME. He may be a Champion but he has a long ways to go before he earns the respect of a Champion. The fans are why we do this Brock, this sport is not about fat paychecks and drama it is about hard work and sacrifice for a shot to do what you did last night. It doesn't matter how much money you make if you can't earn your peers respect and the respect and love of the greatest sporting fans in the world. We have no scripts in this sport, no pre-determined earning amount and no pre-determined outcomes. It doesn't matter if you win or loose it matters how you win or loose.

Every autograph I give, every hand I shake I am thankful that you give me the opportunity to be a part of your world. This is the greatest sport int he world and most of the athletes in it deserve the love and respect they get and some just dont get it.

From leaving the venue all the way to the Airport I have had fans of the sport ask me to take out Brock Lesnar for them. The thing is I have a very tough fight ahead of me that IMO is every bit as tough and talented as Brock. Cain is no joke and he may have had a tough fight against Kongo but I got rocked against Gonzaga. Fact is we are at the top of the HWT division and anyone we fight moving forward is going to be a real test. Cain is nothing short of a super athlete with amazing wrestling and he trains with one of the best camps in the country. I am sure Joe Silva told Cain the same thing he told us, winner gets the title shot. Cain is not looking past me he is looking right at me as the person that is in his way from potentially one of the greatest opportunities of his life and mine.

I have said what I have to say about Brock. He will make sure the world knows who he is and what he is all about. I ask that you my fans and the fans of Cain give this fight its due. You would never see two rising undefeated stars put together in Boxing so enjoy this fight. Two warriors with wills to win and the skills to do so are going to show those watching UFC 104 what the future of the sport will look like. Tune in and support Cain and I.