Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Entertainment

Old 06-19-2009, 04:13 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
Yeah, Mark is super totally awesome & bought me Lone Survivor and FEDOR.I use Lone Survivor during my cardio, because I absolutely despise it & need something to distract me. I get so wrapped up in Marcus' narrative that the entire workout will go by in a snap.

I just started reading the book this morning & am already about 40pgs in.
You have Fedor's book now too? So I threatened Jeff for nothing?

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 06-19-2009, 04:26 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN
You have Fedor's book now too? So I threatened Jeff for nothing?

~Amy
O c'mon, Amy. Threatening Jeff is always worthwhile!

I'm still happy to send you Blood in the Cage. It's the least I can do after you sent me those other 3!
Old 06-20-2009, 04:37 AM

First post!

I read the book when it first came out in hardback. I can't say that it was an enjoyable read because of the subject matter (for those who have not read the book yet, the title, Lone Survivor, gives you a clue that there is not a happy ending for most of the heroes described in the pages); however, I think it is a must-read for every citizen of our country. It stoked my patriotism. Because of the book, I donated to the Navy SEAL museum. I felt very humbled by the enormous sacrifice of these very young men. I am a Soldiers' Angel to a soldier in Iraq and sent him the book in a care package.

I haven't seen the new, paperback edition so I don't know if it contains an epilogue. For those interested, Michael Murphy was posthumously awarded the Medal of Honor by President Bush and a guided missile destroyer, USS Michael Murphy (DDG-112), is currently being built. Reportedly, a movie version of Lone Survivor will be released in 2009. I hope Hollywood doesn't muck up this story.

Last edited by Play The Man; 06-20-2009 at 04:55 AM.
Old 06-20-2009, 05:22 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play The Man
First post!

I read the book when it first came out in hardback. I can't say that it was an enjoyable read because of the subject matter (for those who have not read the book yet, the title, Lone Survivor, gives you a clue that there is not a happy ending for most of the heroes described in the pages); however, I think it is a must-read for every citizen of our country. It stoked my patriotism. Because of the book, I donated to the Navy SEAL museum. I felt very humbled by the enormous sacrifice of these very young men. I am a Soldiers' Angel to a soldier in Iraq and sent him the book in a care package.

I haven't seen the new, paperback edition so I don't know if it contains an epilogue. For those interested, Michael Murphy was posthumously awarded the Medal of Honor by President Bush and a guided missile destroyer, USS Michael Murphy (DDG-112), is currently being built. Reportedly, a movie version of Lone Survivor will be released in 2009. I hope Hollywood doesn't muck up this story.

Welcome to the forum!

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 06-20-2009, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN
Welcome to the forum!

~Amy
Thank you, Amy! I'm Gregory.