Old 06-19-2009, 10:14 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
haha put Obama's face on it?
yeah!
Old 06-20-2009, 12:52 AM
surveyorshawn

I wonder if the PETA people would be willing to forgo antibiotics when they are sick in order to preserve the lives of those poor innocent bacteria? Or if they are willing to stop walking in the woods because of all the innocent insects, worms, and tiny animals they are crushing with every step? Hypocrites! And that is without even considering that many of those same people who so violently "defend" animals are supporters of abortion and euthanasia. It is indeed "the blind leading the blind." What an age we live in!! And to think...these are people who for the most part deny God and proclaim evolution, of which the very definition is survival of the fittest! Irony at its finest!!!
Old 06-20-2009, 01:05 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
haha put Obama's face on it?
that would piss off more than PETA as BHO was never a soldier .. LOL
Old 06-20-2009, 03:14 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by surveyorshawn
I wonder if the PETA people would be willing to forgo antibiotics when they are sick in order to preserve the lives of those poor innocent bacteria? Or if they are willing to stop walking in the woods because of all the innocent insects, worms, and tiny animals they are crushing with every step? Hypocrites! And that is without even considering that many of those same people who so violently "defend" animals are supporters of abortion and euthanasia. It is indeed "the blind leading the blind." What an age we live in!! And to think...these are people who for the most part deny God and proclaim evolution, of which the very definition is survival of the fittest! Irony at its finest!!!
I also thinks it's especially funny that it's now been proven that vegetables feel "pain" when you harvest them, so saying that they're vegans so they don't hurt living things is hypocritical. They're going to have to starve themsleves if they want to avoid eating things with feelings.
Old 06-20-2009, 03:30 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
I also thinks it's especially funny that it's now been proven that vegetables feel "pain" when you harvest them, so saying that they're vegans so they don't hurt living things is hypocritical. They're going to have to starve themsleves if they want to avoid eating things with feelings.
A Vegan would point out that most of what is harvested from the plant is leaves (which wont kill the plant) Seed pods...(so it would be like cutting a finger nail...the seed pod is designed to detach itself) or the root (in which case...yes, I imagine thats most distressing for the plant.

Plants are not conscious and have no nervous system, therefore they dont "feel" pain exactly, they do however Acknowledge damage on a frequency that we cant hear. They let out a high pitched noise when they are seriously damaged.

As all life runs on Electricity...it could be a byproduct of something electrical, and not infact even a recognition of the damage...we simply dont know....Plants also secrete substances when they perceive a threat, that threat, again electrical in nature...thats easily measurable by hooking a plant up to a polygraph. If you then threaten it, its secretion levels rise

Threatening behaviour, could be getting up real close to a plant and imagining it on fire. The plant doesnt know you are thinking a nasty thought, but if your electrical impulses are strong enough, it might provoke a reaction within the plants electrical system....That is what they believe certain forms of Empathy are based around....Someone being able to interpret the Electrical energy coming off another person if in very close proximity.
Old 06-20-2009, 05:44 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
that would piss off more than PETA as BHO was never a soldier .. LOL
Yeah, thats why I didn't do it.
Old 06-20-2009, 06:16 PM

I am getting very tired of these frivolous stories put out by the mainstream media. Our nation is burdened by record levels of debt, North Korea and Iran are saber rattling, and we are at war in Iraq and Afghanistan against Islamic fanatics and all the mainstream media can concentrate on is President Obama and a fly, the Obamas going out for a date on Broadway, the Obama kids getting a Portuguese water dog and President Obama playing basketball! Stories that used to be only in the tabloids now make it onto newscasts. We are being forcefed stories about Ms. California vs. Perez Hilton, David Letterman vs. Sarah Palin, and Jon and Kate plus 8; meanwhile, stories with tremendous implications for our nation's future are dealt with in a superficial manner, at best. It is very disheartening!