Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 06-17-2009, 05:25 AM
que
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

that guy sounds like a complete A-hole. he tries to make such bold, groundbreaking reports but where are his facts and sources? i guess simply saying "bank on that" is enough these days to qualify as "proof"
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-17-2009, 05:39 AM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by que
that guy sounds like a complete A-hole. he tries to make such bold, groundbreaking reports but where are his facts and sources? i guess simply saying "bank on that" is enough these days to qualify as "proof"
To be fair, if Kevin reports something, you can pretty much bank on there being some factual basis to what he is saying. However, his problem is his tendency to inject too much personal bias in his reports. I personally think he kisses the right asses to keep getting the best access.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-18-2009, 11:58 AM
David_Banner
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
i'll wait to hear from CC.
Indeed.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-18-2009, 12:05 PM
David_Banner
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I'm pretty sure, given the backlash Mirko saw when this originally got out, he knows signing with Dream under the table would really hurt his fanbase. That said, Mirko has a good point when he says he wants to fight more then twice a year. Really, that is a huge problem with the UFC that you have to build up such a massive roster of fighters because most are locked down on a shelf for 4-6 months at a time, waiting.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-18-2009, 10:47 PM
Hughes_GOAT
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Banner
Indeed.
glad you agree.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-19-2009, 03:22 AM
clm12704
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Banner
I'm pretty sure, given the backlash Mirko saw when this originally got out, he knows signing with Dream under the table would really hurt his fanbase. That said, Mirko has a good point when he says he wants to fight more then twice a year. Really, that is a huge problem with the UFC that you have to build up such a massive roster of fighters because most are locked down on a shelf for 4-6 months at a time, waiting.
Yet somehow, the Turd that nobody likes (Kos) got MULTIPLE fights in a very short time span. What's up with that?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-19-2009, 03:53 AM
Chuck
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I hope he keeps his word. I've always respected him and would hate to see him be unethical.

But it WOULD be a little funny to see Dana get the shaft... and I say that as a fan of Dana
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-19-2009, 05:17 AM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
Allons-y
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,298
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
I hope he keeps his word. I've always respected him and would hate to see him be unethical.

But it WOULD be a little funny to see Dana get the shaft... and I say that as a fan of Dana
Baldies gotta stick together. It's you, Dana, & this guy:
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-19-2009, 04:00 PM
David_Banner
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clm12704
Yet somehow, the Turd that nobody likes (Kos) got MULTIPLE fights in a very short time span. What's up with that?

Although Ive grown to like Kos, I def agree with you. Them telling Crocop he'd have to wait until Dec, maybe even Jan 2010 to fight again is def not the slickest way to get a contract signed. Especially given that Crocop has said numerous times he wants to fight several times a year.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.