Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 06-18-2009, 01:53 AM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21
thats all speculation, anything can happen in mma at the most unexpected times...the fact of the matter is, it was illegal and it had a direct impact on the end of the fight

Don't all moves illegal have that type of impact on a fight. groin shots, cage grabbing, shots to the back of the head. The ref was out of position and missed it, it happens.

At least I don't have to hear, "Don't poke him in the eyes" a million times with no repercussions.
Old 06-18-2009, 02:15 AM

there are many times a ref doesn't see an illegal blow. It didn't seem intentional either.

I'll say it again... if it's not called, it's not illegal. True winners pull through and finish...
Old 06-18-2009, 02:36 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar
I'm not sure members can but I did. I skimmed the article also so let me know if mine is incorrect.
Thanks for changing it!
Old 06-18-2009, 03:00 AM
David_Banner

I could understand if Turk was really holding his own in there but he was losing that fight by a land slide. Sure, anything can happen in MMA but given how many times fighters have had to fight out of a illegal blow (Hughes/Trigg II comes to mind) ,this should be no surprise, it happens a lot. Instead of crying about the ref not seeing the poke (Because he was on the other side of the exchange, which common sense says he couldnt have seen the poke) Turks team should be thankful the UFC is giving him another shot. Really, the only highlight reel moments Turk has produced so far are of him losing badly.
Old 06-18-2009, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21
thats all speculation, anything can happen in mma at the most unexpected times...the fact of the matter is, it was illegal and it had a direct impact on the end of the fight

chuck liddell should have wins over tito, randy, and horn tooken away then
Old 06-19-2009, 03:55 AM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus
Prior to the eye poke he was getting ragged and tagged, not only that but Cro Cop just threw him around like he was nothing. All the eye poke did was save him from being brutally k.o'ed/
QFT

Due to the eye poke he probably does deserve another shot but CroCop was clearly in imposing his will.