Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 06-16-2009, 06:57 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
nah, his days in the ufc were done, he lost to nog and was old hat .. he went, fought fedor and made a mill ... he would have had to fight 7 fights or more in the ufc to get that $$ and that isn't guaranteed that he would get those fights ... all in all, i think him parting ways with the ufc worked out in his favour
Agreed. The worst decision he made was fighting Ray Mercer.

Everything else was good for him financially.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:30 PM
Liddellfan

Tim went into that fight thinking that Mercer had NO chance at doing anything...It's obvious in his interivews and the statements he made, he thaught he was going to destroy him. He obviously was not prepared to fight coming in at over 300lbs.

Here is a statement that Tim made:
"I mean, boxing I'm definitely stepping into Ray's world. MMA, it's my world and he really doesn't want that. I would like to pursue a career in boxing. It's no secret I'm going to use Ray as a stepping stone for boxing. No doubt about it. I got other things lined up as long as I beat Ray. In MMA, it's just another win on my record. So uh, Ray, your more than welcome to fight me. I'll be there. I'll sign autographs and maybe we'll having a boxing match in the future."

http://www.mmalinker.com/news/34111/...worldquot.html
Old 06-16-2009, 07:49 PM
Crisco

Like at said at 10 seconds there isn't much else to do in a fight besides say you got hit with a big shot.

That has very little to do with anything else. Strategy, cardio, boxing.

Getting ko'd in ten seconds doesn't reflect on anything except maybe not keeping your hands up.
Old 06-17-2009, 05:11 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
Like at said at 10 seconds there isn't much else to do in a fight besides say you got hit with a big shot.

That has very little to do with anything else. Strategy, cardio, boxing.

Getting ko'd in ten seconds doesn't reflect on anything except maybe not keeping your hands up.

You cannot really say that in my opinion.

It obviously does play right into poor strategy, and obviously poor boxing. I'll give you cardio, but fights are not really judged on cardio. Of course cardio is a part, but if you end the fight, it's over. No fighter ever went anywhere with a glass jaw. Getting Ko'd is getting Ko'd.

I just read that Dana said if Tim wants to come back to the UFC he will have to go on TUF, that's the only way. Bad week for Timmy.
Old 06-17-2009, 05:26 AM
Maldonado136

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
You cannot really say that in my opinion.

It obviously does play right into poor strategy, and obviously poor boxing. I'll give you cardio, but fights are not really judged on cardio. Of course cardio is a part, but if you end the fight, it's over. No fighter ever went anywhere with a glass jaw. Getting Ko'd is getting Ko'd.

I just read that Dana said if Tim wants to come back to the UFC he will have to go on TUF, that's the only way. Bad week for Timmy.
i believe that was from a fake source.
Old 06-17-2009, 05:28 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldonado136
i believe that was from a fake source.
Yes, I believe you are correct sir.

I will reserve judgment on that until I read it in a verifiable source.