Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 06-16-2009, 01:57 PM
clm12704

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
I didn't see the poke, but I told my wife, "He got poked in the eye, look how he's covering his face." Then they showed the clip. There's no way he'd of covered his face like that if it weren't a eye poke IMO.
Exactly. These dudes are professional fighters and you don't see them wince up like that unless it's a poke. Ref should've halted action based on that alone.
Old 06-16-2009, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clm12704
Exactly. These dudes are professional fighters and you don't see them wince up like that unless it's a poke. Ref should've halted action based on that alone.
YEA, and champions overcome and win... he was poked and covered like a little sissy, then had his ass handed to him.

just like in the hughes trigg fight... professionals don't just hunch over grabbing their private parts, you know, unless they were hit in the balls... ref didn't help matt, but who won? THE CHAMP!
Old 06-16-2009, 05:28 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by F34R
YEA, and champions overcome and win... he was poked and covered like a little sissy, then had his ass handed to him.

just like in the hughes trigg fight... professionals don't just hunch over grabbing their private parts, you know, unless they were hit in the balls... ref didn't help matt, but who won? THE CHAMP!
Getting poked in the eye is a little more disabling than getting hit in the nuts.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:08 PM
Liddellfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
Getting poked in the eye is a little more disabling than getting hit in the nuts.

How about an illegal headbut followed by punches to the back of the head????Hughes recovered and whooped Serra.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:26 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddellfan
How about an illegal headbut followed by punches to the back of the head????Hughes recovered and whooped Serra.
Getting poked in the eye is a little more disabling than an illegal headbutt followed by punches to the back of the head.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:21 PM
que

who cares? the poke was an accident. the ref messed up, he didn't see it. accidents happen all the time in this sport. we saw illegal strikes on hughes, al turk and kongo (if not more) all in just two weeks... and the refs didn't see or stop any of the fights. sh*t happens.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:55 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by que
who cares? the poke was an accident. the ref messed up, he didn't see it. accidents happen all the time in this sport. we saw illegal strikes on hughes, al turk and kongo (if not more) all in just two weeks... and the refs didn't see or stop any of the fights. sh*t happens.
Exactly.

This stuff happens in almost every fight,
and a LOT of the times they don't call it.
Fence grabs, blows to the back of the head are very very very common.