Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 06-10-2009, 09:45 PM
Maldonado136

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason2130
if it has a decent create a fighter and career mode it will do ok regardless

i dont know about most people but ive used the UFC fighters maybe 10% of the time? if friends are over we battle it out with our UFC favorites, but when everyone is gone its back to career mode, or taking one of my homemade monster online to battle others

a EA game will be no different to me atleast, il be buying a game based on how the gameplay looks, not the roster of fighters on it
exactly it wont mean anything to you but most people arent looking at things that way. it might do ok but not as well as undisputed. i myself think the same way you do but the people who think that kimbo has been fighting in the ufc (trust me there are many of these idiots) will think "oh they suck theyre just trying to copy the ufc" and they will have no interest in it.
Old 06-11-2009, 01:25 AM
Jason 16

I think there going to go the route with several orgs like m1 dream strike force cage rage and afliction and take the best fighters of each . and for the story mode you will get fight from all over because (most) fighters dont just stay in one org for 7 year
Old 06-11-2009, 01:32 AM
Hughes_GOAT

sounds good to me!
Old 06-11-2009, 02:50 AM
sender

I personaly think this game will sell just as many copies if not more htan a UFC game. EA seems to do sports game right... simple as that and people know it
Old 06-13-2009, 01:44 PM
timmyja

lol.. amen on the self-made monster. Mine is tearing it up right now
Old 06-13-2009, 02:34 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

The other leagues simply aren't popular enough to mainstream fans for it to be competitive with the UFC game.
Old 06-13-2009, 06:43 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

I agree that the other leagues aren't popular enough, but there are fighters in those leagues that are. EA could just create "Anonymous Fighting Championship" filled with Jake Shields & Robbie Lawler (until he signs with the UFC in the next month or so) & Fedor & Andre & Big Tim & Josh Barnett & etc., etc., etc.
Old 06-14-2009, 01:18 AM
Jason 16

I realy have a feeling that EA will have a higher quality game.
Old 06-14-2009, 06:07 AM
Max

I dont think people realize the brand power that EA has. Any sports title put out by EA is gonna sell a crap load of copies simply because it is an EA game. As for fighters, there are a bunch of fighters that are not in the UFC game. DREAM, Affliction, Strikeforce and WVR all have big name fighters who are not in the UFC game. They can put together a great roster and they can even get some of the old old school UFC guys like Royce, Shamrock, Tank, Frye, Severn and Rutten for the game as well.