Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-13-2009, 06:01 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Default UFC99 spoilers thread*********

if you get interested in a specific match, feel free to start another thread.

I'm about to start watching the countdown show

but the under card is already underway.

Here are the results so far courtesy of sherdog

John Hathaway vs. Ricky Story
Round 1
Most of the first minute is spent with both fighters in the clinch. Story gets a takedown. Hathaway gets a reversal as the fighters trade positions. At the midway point of the round, Story executes a mild slam. Hathaway gets to his feet and is taken back down. Hathaway locks on a kimura from the bottom and holds it until the bell rings. 10-9 Hathaway.

Round 2
Much of the second round is spent trading on the feet. Hathaway gets a takedown and punishes his opponent from the top position. From his back, Story goes for a guillotine, but he canít secure the hold. Hathaway escapes, but gives up the top. Story closes the round strong with punches and elbows from the top. 10-9 Story.

Round 3
The fight goes immediately to the ground to start the final period. Story takes the top position after a scramble. Story works for a kimura from half guard. Story lets go to punch and elbow the head. Hathaway shows good defense and gets offensive as he goes high with his hips in search of a triangle. Story frees himself and then is forced to fight off an armbar. Hathaway, 10-9.

Hathaway is awarded the unanimous decision. Scores forthcoming.

Stefan Struve vs. Denis Stojnic
Round 1
Stojnic pushes Struve to the fence in search of a trip takedown. Struve gets back to the center of the Octagon and is tripped to the canvas. Stojnic stands in the guard of his opponent and lands hammerfists. From his back, Struve looks for an armbar and a kimura. Stojnic escapes and pounds away from the top. Struve looks for a triangle and is abused by more punches. Struve is hurt and bleeding. Referee Dan Miragliotta stops the action so Struveís cut can be checked out. Heís cleared and the round ends. 10-9 Stojnic.

Round 2
Struve gets the top as the fighters wrestle for position. Stojnic gives up his back. Struve is bleeding all over his foe as he locks on a body triangle and looks for a rear-naked choke. Stojnic tries to stand up while being choked. Struve brings him back down and forces a tapout at the 2:37 mark of round one. Struve celebrates his victory under a mask of blood.

So far so good. I know Stefan Struve from Cage Gladiators, I think Emile Coleman has a vested interest in him. Also I picked Hathaway to win